wireless internet..

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnet

Youngling
presently i m thinking to get a wireless net solution...i guess ill go with airtel one as many ppl here suggestin.............but i want to know wht speed it offers...........also havin an edge phone is an advantage with the net??also do i need to ask for gprs net or edge net???? and whts the charge...it differes frm topic to topic..somone says 150 per month whereas some says 199 whereas some says 360...for unlimited........and somone says 10paise per 10kb(is it bit or byte) download.......also wht else do i need with handset????usb cable or data cable or some other device.....and wht is data card

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
You asked too many questions .. I answer these one by one ..:)

magnet said:
presently i m thinking to get a wireless net solution
One solution is you get a broadband connection and put your whole house on wi-fi .. but ya it would be a little expensive affair
i will tell you about mobile gprs here..

...i guess ill go with airtel one as many ppl here suggestin.............but i want to know wht speed it offers...........also havin an edge phone is an advantage with the net??..
Yes with EDGE you will get double/more than the regular GPRS speeds
Depending upon the phone & network too.

also do i need to ask for gprs net or edge net????
Ask --> MOBILE OFFICE & Settings too.

and whts the charge...it differes frm topic to topic..somone says 150 per month whereas some says 199 whereas some says 360...for unlimited........and somone says 10paise per 10kb(is it bit or byte) download....
You need to call 121 from Airtel mobile or 9810012345 or the no. in your area
or Contact any nearby AirTel Outlet for exactly ..
you gonna pay .. as per your Bill Plan

:arrow: For exact charges just contact the customer care

...also wht else do i need with handset????usb cable or data cable or some other device
You will have to connect the phone to your computer
Datacable or Bluetooth whatever your phone support

.....and wht is data card
Data card fits into the laptop .. and contains a SIM Card just like your phone has .. it just that .. It replaces the need of the cell phone .. but expensiv

Better for you to try this with cellphone only

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
well gprs rates vary from places dude so u gotta checkout wats urs....for eg. its 99/mnth in maharashtra n rs. 5/day in bihar/jharkhand...so gud luk

cheers

OP
M

magnet

Youngling
first thks for replying.......next...i stay in mumbai.....

wht does this means

also do i need to ask for gprs net or edge net????

Ask --> MOBILE OFFICE & Settings too.
but are the facts abt unlimited usage per day charge true...or its jus for mobile.......will i be able to use it on my pc.........

now say i got a 6630 fone..it supports edge technology......now i want this wireless net...than wht shd i ask.....gprs net or edge net(does this term exist).............also 1 guy suggested me that gprs net sucks.......

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Such terms doesnt exist .. Just two one for downloading only ringtones n wallpapers

& The full gprs is called MOBILE OFFICE ..

e.g.If the provider is providing the EDGE .. then you can use EDGE too..

And

For the rates .. In Delhi we got 499 p.m. for unlimited usage .. you can use on computer

So .. you have to see what they are charging in Mumbai .. I think it should be same there too

Regards
mobilegeek

OP
M

magnet

Youngling
fine now some of ending queries...........

suppose i have a lappy how do i connect the phone+data cable+wht????

lan card or pcmcia card???????

also can the phone be connected by bluetooth or wht....

and someone who has used net like this give the max download speed the person got in kB(kilobytes)...and ofcourse in india.....

also can i use the same net on pc??? and wht interface with pc need to b used???lan card..or usb lan card will do...or some other card?????
also how does it differ frm wifi?????

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
well magnet lemme get things clear for u...

u just need to call customer care (121) from ur handset....n request for activating "mobile office" service....

since u in mumbai, twill charge u Rs. 5/day
ps: (im using airtel gprs in nagpur-studing n jamshedpur-home)

now u need to get a usb data cable for nokia...connect it to ur usb port ....install mobile softwares provided wit ur data cable....

ps:- also can hv serial cable but i dun recon u..its oldie now

setup an internet connection for airtel gprs....dial it 2 connect n u can surf in ur pc via mobile

well i get download speeds abt 4-6kbps(without edge)....but its not consistant...breaks up often in day times

u cant use it as ur primary net connection...can just keep it as alternative or backup....n u can also browse wap sites within ur cell to download ringtones, games, wallpapers etc.

pm me if u have any querries...im facing all this infact rite now surfing through this gprs.

cheers

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
I use that too .. .. in Delhi .. 7-8KB avg & 12-14KB max bcoz of EDGE

For installing .. just dowbnload the latest version of pc suite and connct phone by Datacable .. make a New Connection.

For specific settings & Tariff you have to CALL 121 from your cell.

OP
M

magnet

Youngling
will the phone remain busy while using net????jus lik dial up????
and wht abt the card??any special cardneeded for lappy and pc or wht???

OP
M

magnet

Youngling
rs 99 r u sure...i can use the same for pc?????

somone says rs 600(for something ard 8-13kBps...phone using edge).....whereas alot of place ppl suggest there customer care sucks...thats why i m asking lot of question here.....i will go to airtel gallery in a day or 2......

also bluetooth dongle will do or wht???

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
magnet
.. BT also works .. just dont forget to install the latest PC Suite First .. Bcoz it also installs the modem drivers.

Data rates Depends on the Network Provider
& Nokia phones can have a speed
in EDGE - Maximum download 236.8kbps; upload 118.4kbps

For .. Charges you have to contact tha Local AirTel Office
We cant tell you charges .. they depend on the tariff and plan you are using

OP
M

magnet

Youngling
hutch says they giv lappy net for 499.....and that too at 10kb/10paise download rates......now will call airtel tomm

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
i can be 99% sure its rs. 99 for u in gprs....n yes u can use it in ur pc or lappy...though speed just isnt gud enuf....better get airtel broadband...pretty gud....a bit costly round 700-800rs/mnth but unlimited download..so if u a net savvy...can get one....and always look for unlimited downloads offer...billings sometimes screw u up...carefull wit dataOne n others....gud luk

cheers

OP
M

magnet

Youngling
speed u talking abt which net???mobile net..or broadband???...since xcept my service provider hathway..no one accesses my building xcept shity sify

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
was talking abt airtel mobile internet regarding 99/mnth n not so gud download speed....
thers airtel broadband which is better but its not via mobile n not available everywhere.
cheers

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
hi again montsa...u took my attention again....can u plz explain abt wat u saying...thanx
(or pm me)

cheers

OP
M

magnet

Youngling
airtel data card is mentioned on its site....airtel.......but there is download limit on it...and u need pcmcia card...........which is ard 12k i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom