WinXP Home(German) to WinXP Home(English)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceHeart

In the zone
Hello there...

As the subject says ... I want to change the german language to english.

I bought this laptop back in 2001 from germany with preinstalled winxp home OEM(german) .. so its a genuine product.

Now I don't know german. For many years I used pirated version instead of the german, but now i need to use my laptop on a regular basis, and needed the PC to be updated all the time. So since I got genuine key, why use pirated, so i installed back the german home oem version. I am using winxp for many years, so i know where to click and i succeeded in installation. Now i want to change the language to english. I tried yahoo and google search, and found something about MUIsetup.exe. But microsoft says it works for winxp pro only. So how to change the language to english, so everything will be shown in english. Cause of this i can't even installed SP2, cause it says the default language is not the language of the sp2.

I went to control panel and clicked regional and language option and changed whatever i could see to EN (USA) and deleted the DE keyboard layout to EN, so the keyboard is fixed now. But the other languages are in still in german.

Please help me out !!
Thanks a lot

OP
PrinceHeart

PrinceHeart

In the zone
Can't change language of the OS - its in-build. To get windows in another language, one has to get the OS in that desired language. And the product key in one language, doesn't work with the OS of diff. language. So have to get a new genuine product key for the new OS in the desired language.

Anyway.. Im using the german version cause i got the genuine key for it. I know the buttons, so im pretty sure that i can work things out.

Any of the MODs can close this thread, Don't need any further help regarding this matter for now.

Peace

OP
PrinceHeart

PrinceHeart

In the zone
well as i said i got the german edition of winxp home and yeah i got the product key of it too and im using it now. so problem solved :)

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom