[Windows XP] FreQuently AsKed ProBlems WITH SoluTions...

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Re: MUST READ: FreQuently AsKed ProBlems WITH SoluTions...

^^ Use this:

CTFMON-Remover: Remove the Annoying ctfmon.exe from Windows

avtarkaint

Broken In

start-->> run-->> type regsvr32 /i shell32.dll -->>Ok.

Restart windows...should solve your problem.

tried this one also ravi but didnt work. now i m getting automatically my document opens on startup i tried step no 6 but it makes my pc unable to boot any more it shows boot error & disk boot failure.........

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP

Thread updated with a few Vista Problems and their solutions...

pushkaraj

In the zone

Hey vishal, you have indeed solved most of the commonly occuring problems.
Great job *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/113.gif

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||

hey vish bro.......
Suggestion: Pls separate vista and xp problems.........

why dont u start a new thread which contains only win vista problem.........

nish121

Broken In
cLONE dVD pROBLEMS

When i want to copy the entire disc..its showing media error after reading the image while writing..but when the option is copy only movie..then its functioning well and writing..ut in the end it loses its original quality...Y is this so..

photon

Broken In
But i can not enter reg edit how i will go to hot key.....

Problem with me is i can not enter regedit or gpedit.msc It says regedit is disabled by admin!
I have tried to run gpedit.msc It opens up, but when i tried to enter in a submenu then Group Policy editor window also closes autometically. I have tried in safe mode also. Result same. What I should do? Is it due to some virus?
Story: I was having some encrypted and hidden files in my computer.When i tried to make hidden files visible i found that, Folder option in control panel is not avialable in my computer.So i am unable to view the hidden files.When i click the folder option icon in a window nothing happens.
Is it disabled by Autopatcher XP? (I have romoved it also.)

If i repair XP then the encryped datas will be accessable or not?

adi007

Youngling
Re: But i can not enter reg edit how i will go to hot key.....

Problem with me is i can not enter regedit or gpedit.msc It says regedit is disabled by admin!
I have tried to run gpedit.msc It opens up, but when i tried to enter in a submenu then Group Policy editor window also closes autometically. I have tried in safe mode also. Result same. What I should do? Is it due to some virus?
Story: I was having some encrypted and hidden files in my computer.When i tried to make hidden files visible i found that, Folder option in control panel is not avialable in my computer.So i am unable to view the hidden files.When i click the folder option icon in a window nothing happens.
Is it disabled by Autopatcher XP? (I have romoved it also.)

If i repair XP then the encryped datas will be accessable or not?
u can find the solution given by vishal gupta just refer to the first post and first question in this thread
link:*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=535113&postcount=1

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

when i applying some theme VistaXP_VS_ or VistaVG Black Theme after appying there is no changes no black colour is showing only border color is changing i also repair xp but problem still same

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP

^^ Try to create new topic for your problems, it'll help in getting others attention. :)

Reg. to your problem, run UXTheme Patcher in Safe Mode and then try to apply the theme.

V

vaibhavtek

Amazing tutorial a long list.
1000000000000000000000/10

Vista Guruji

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

Mr. Vista, about
31. Hibernate option suddenly disappeared from Startmenu in Windows Vista.

has MS solved this issue?

today, when power went down, i tried to search in "MS (offline) Help", but found nothing.
its really annoying.

hope they fix this issue maybe in SP1.

i googled the solution, :)) *support.microsoft.com/kb/928897 as i thought this thread was for XP only.

btw you can create a new thread for Vista & let this be a XP only. (mentioning in title too)

mikeon

ThE oNE & ONlY ??

Hey this thread really helped me a lot ! My PC got infected with the Funny ust scandal.avi virus, and after that I could'nt view my hidden files, did a quick search and voila! there was the answer !

kshitizsingh

Right off the assembly line
hello vishal....thanx

hello vishal ..i am kshitiz...first of all thanx very much u have done very nice work...but vishal my problem remain same......hidden files can't see ...i have change the valve 0 to 1 but it can be 0 again hidden\showall...portion....and second thing drive again open in another windows...pl vishal help me ...give me some tips on that problems...

ajayritik

Technomancer

Hi Vishal. Can you tell me how I can import bookmarks in Mozilla? I have taken a backup of it but unable to import them again. Can't I merge my previous favorites again?

Top Bottom