[Windows XP] FreQuently AsKed ProBlems WITH SoluTions...

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: MUST READ: FreQuently AsKed ProBlems WITH SoluTions...

regarding pt.14... some one messed with my frnd's pc and changed the BIOS password. i tried resetting it by removing the battery first but in vain. then i changed the jumpper setting to reset the password. so i think only removing the cmos battery may not help always.:)

Pradeep Kumar KD

Right off the assembly line

Due to some mallecious activities my computer is not showing run command in start menu (aslso foder option and task manager is disabled). so i am unable to run regedit command to restore folder option and task manager.

how to restore run command

how to restore run command in start menu which was disabled due to some virus asctivities.

Last edited:

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent

^^Goto group Policies and from there u can enable these options in Administration

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP

@Pradeep Kumar

Pls visit:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40864

kunaltech

Journeyman

20. I'm using Windows XP and the desktop icons suddenly started showing an ugly background rectangle behind the text. How can I make the text transparent?

Sol: Type "sysdm.cpl" in RUN dialog box and press <Enter>. Now goto "Advanced" tab, click on "Setting" button in "Performance" section and enable the option "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop".

with this help i am unable to solve the problem

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP

^^ Make sure you hv not enabled option "Lock Desktop Icons" in desktop context menu. If its not enabled then goto Desktop properties and make sure that no "Active desktop" content is enabled. ;)

kunaltech

Journeyman

Vishal Gupta said:
^^ Make sure you hv not enabled option "Lock Desktop Icons" in desktop context menu. If its not enabled then goto Desktop properties and make sure that no "Active desktop" content is enabled. ;)

thanks it has solved..

lock desktop was enable.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

when right click on any image to set as background this option is not present in right click

Kaushal Hiwarkar

Be Healthy, Keep Smiling

That's great work Vishal Its very Imp for me.

I have one more problem . When I start my system each time I have to write explorer.exe in Task manager/new process. I think some how the command explorer.exe get disabled. Plz tell me activate it so that I don't have to write explorer.exe again and agian. thank u.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

which type of error is that*img262.imageshack.us/img262/3607/errorlp9.th.png

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||

hey buddy...
Can we schedule a command from regedit........

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP

First post updated with the solution of "Orkut.com", "Youtube.com" and "Firefox" blocked in system...

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

Thanks Vishal for the solution :)

Top Bottom