windows xp admin password

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
in my school comp lab, some junior has put an admin password on one of the computers. our comp teacher doesn't have a solution for it and was ask8ing me if i could do anything. could anyone tell me what to do (i don't want to format the sys).

the os is windows xp pro sp2

Last edited:

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Boot into Safe mode, if the teacher has not added used the default Admin account which is hidden on normal boots, it should be displayed in the Safe mode, Login with that account and go to User Accounts in Control Panel.

Select the account you want to remove the password of, and either change the password or remove the password.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
There was a CD Image out on the net, which was a bootable image. You had to boot with that cd, and it would reset the Windows XP Admin Password.

I dont remember the site right now, anybody here to help?

OP
xbonez

xbonez

yes i remember that. i think it was some linux based prog to reset windows xp pass. the url had come in digit but i don't remember it. will try to find it. till then if anybody can help...

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
I remember it. It is called chntpw... Just download CD or Floppy image and then reset the password..... You can even recover the password, but that is a little bit more difficult.....

So, you may just reset the admin password and thats it....

Download it from:

*home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/

CyCo

In the zone
the BEST cd is called "Hiram" boot tools cd or something ..

It has a password resetter as well as loads of other tools to help out such as a boot antivirus, MBR recover/reset , data recovery etcetc

try to get that ..

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Hiren's Boot CD is illegal collection of mostly Shareware Bootable Tools.... Thread reported...

Hiren's Boot CD is illegal collection of mostly Shareware Bootable Tools.... Thread reported...

Last edited:
OP
xbonez

xbonez

^^yes u can delete the sam file and the password gets reset or removed. but to do that, u need to be logged on which isn't possible in my case

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
kin.vachhani said:
I have read somewhere on net,,that by changing sam file one can logon with admin previledges

No, dont delete the sam file....

You may not be able to login again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom