• Not Enough Hardware to run Vita

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ankitsagwekar

I put Build 6000, which has been expected to be identical to or closely track the initial shipping version of Vista, through its paces

Here's a quick report card.

Installation:6/10

The 64-bit version installed proceeded most of the way, but couldn't complete, so my inference is there are still some driver issues. Much as I enjoy working Sundays, I gave up after 90 minutes
As I expected, the 32-bit version installed like a champ, loading from scratch in 42 minutes. I still had to muck around a little with my display settings

Look and Feel: 10/10

Vista's Aero interface remains one of its strongest suits. I looked askance at Aero because I felt it so clearly elevated form over functionality.
Aero's form is its functionality. Add to Aero the Flip 3D feature, which lets you rapidly scroll through your open apps, and you've got one fun and friendly UI.

Overall:5.5/10

My biggest Vista surprise was, struggle though I might, I couldn't find much significantly different from previous versions. Then it dawned on me: That's a good sign, because it indicates that Microsoft's focus is no longer on look and feel but rather on the software guts required to keep Vista from crashing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
I want to install it but i do not have the needed hardware for it.
I will have to wait for my mother to buy a new PC for me till march 08:mad:

CINTEL ENTRINO

Loading . . . please d'nt
vista is crap .... eats away ur resources :(
n moreover as u said ..... its the same as previous OS es.... so will try long longgggggggg time after :D

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
CINTEL ENTRINO said:
vista is crap .... eats away ur resources :(
?n moreover as u said ..... its the same as previous OS es.... so will try long longgggggggg time after :D
I am surprised at ppl like u who refer 2 everything that they don't like as "crap" without even trying it...maybe it's the case of "sour grapes" story.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I will give vista overall point as 7/10.
I would have given mor than 7 points...but i havt used aero theme,and vista flip flop property.It is simply fast n smooth with better user interface...n much improved security.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Me Niether, I mean "Can you Like to run Vista" You just like something or not. There is no Can or Could in liking.

It should have been either:

Will u like to run vista on ur Computer?

OR

Can u run vista on ur Computer?

OP
A

ankitsagwekar

correction third QUESTION
Not Enough Hardware to run Vita -> Not Enough Hardware to run Vista

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
I've Vista RC2 as well as Win XP installed on my system and Vista is the faster and more stable of the two as of now .. waiting for Office RTM to come out nd then I'll Wipe the Win XP off my Laptop.

CINTEL ENTRINO

Loading . . . please d'nt
caleb said:
I am surprised at ppl like u who refer 2 everything that they don't like as "crap" without even trying it...maybe it's the case of "sour grapes" story.

no mate.... why not try LINUX for a change ... nobody likes to b dictated upon :cool:

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Guys I am a Linux Supporter myself but there are times when singing the Linux song is completely uncalled for.... So stick to the topic and address the issue in hand only ...

dissel

Cyborg Agent
I already Installed 32 bit ultimate edition and run it...in my configuration.here is the Screen shot.

*img109.imageshack.us/img109/4718/ratingswt5.png

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
CINTEL ENTRINO said:
no mate.... why not try LINUX for a change ... nobody likes to b dictated upon :cool:
I just got a hold of Ubuntu & I'm going try loading it on my external usb hdd bu I feel it'd b unfair 4 me to call ubuntu crap without trying...in the same token it's unfair to call vista crap. Also just bcoz Windows...
?__________
?is financilly sucessful & the developers command increased prices & customers r willing 2 pay 4 it does not eqaute it being "dectated upon". You may b right that linux is better but that still does not make vista crap...millions of ppl who'll use (or r using) r a proof for it.

Last edited:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
caleb said:
I just got a hold of Ubuntu & I'm going try loading it on my external usb hdd bu I feel it'd b unfair 4 me to call ubuntu crap without trying...in the same token it's unfair to call vista crap. Also just bcoz Windows...
?__________
?is financilly sucessful & the developers command increased prices & customers r willing 2 pay 4 it does not eqaute it being "dectated upon". You may b right that linux is better but that still does not make vista crap...millions of ppl who'll use (or r using) r a proof for it.
It isnt Vista that is crap, its paying for an OS's features that another gives for free which makes it crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom