Windows phone

Kulz

Save the WORLD !!!
Hi All,

I am planning to buy the Samsung Omnia W I8350 windows phone. Just a few Questions though.

1. I have read there is a way to install android on windows phones. Is it possible on this phone?

2. Also dual boot is possible as shown in this video. If possible in this set, would be really awesome.
How to Dual Boot Windows Mobile and Android

3. Any news on the upgrade to windows 8?

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Well, I am looking for something similar as you, I was reading about windows 8 on mobile and looks like they are not really interested in developing windows 8 which can run ARM processor. Even recent windows 8 customer preview was launched for x86 platform of INtentl and AMD only..

Also currently only Samsung Omnia W I8350 looks the best option. Though HTC has bigger screen phone but not available for India.

sainath

Android Addicted
Hi All,

I am planning to buy the Samsung Omnia W I8350 windows phone. Just a few Questions though.

1. I have read there is a way to install android on windows phones. Is it possible on this phone?

2. Also dual boot is possible as shown in this video. If possible in this set, would be really awesome.
How to Dual Boot Windows Mobile and Android

3. Any news on the upgrade to windows 8?

1. There is no way to install Android on Windows Phone devices yet. I heard that some developers trying to put Android on Windows Phone devices but don't know its real or fake.

2. Dual boot is possible for some Windows Mobile devices not for Windows Phone devices. Dual boot is done by app called 'Gen.Y DualBOOT' on some old Windows Mobile devices. This app start when your Windows Mobile phone is booting and gives you two options- start with Windows Mobile OS or Android SD build.

3. May be but dont know.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ possible. its just like running one OS from internal memory (NAND reserved for WP) & the second from the free internal memory (NAND for user storage) much like how i dualboot Android 2.3 & Android 4.0 but there should be (more like would be) performance hit and maybe not everything will work.

Tutorial: How to partition sd card to run wp7 and android from same sd card

sainath

Android Addicted
^^ possible. its just like running one OS from internal memory (NAND reserved for WP) & the second from the free internal memory (NAND for user storage) much like how i dualboot Android 2.3 & Android 4.0 but there should be (more like would be) performance hit and maybe not everything will work.

Tutorial: How to partition sd card to run wp7 and android from same sd card

Yup Its possible for HTC HD2 but not for Windows Phone devices yet.

OP
Kulz

Kulz

Save the WORLD !!!
Thanks all...

@ Sam: Thnx 4 d info.. would love that if its true.. but how sure are you that it might be possible in Omnia W as well.. any ideas?

@ Sainath: Are you sure that this is not possible in other devices except HTC HD2, as i have read in some of the tutorials which says its possible and they are not phone specific. Although, i am also not sure of their reliability.

sainath

Android Addicted
Thanks all...

@ Sam: Thnx 4 d info.. would love that if its true.. but how sure are you that it might be possible in Omnia W as well.. any ideas?

@ Sainath: Are you sure that this is not possible in other devices except HTC HD2, as i have read in some of the tutorials which says its possible and they are not phone specific. Although, i am also not sure of their reliability.

Its possible to install Android on some Windows Mobile OS phones such as HTC HD2, SE Xperia X1, HTC tytn II, etc. but not possible on Windows Phone OS devices yet. I heard somewhere that developers are trying to put Android on Windows Phone but not sure how much time it will take and don't know it is real or fake.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

someone have to develop some kind of port to Omnia W else more than half of the things won't work (Bluetooth, WiFi. camera for sure)

ankit360

Journeyman
i have omnia w i impress with it's hardware. but windows phone won't use all it's hardware resource :-(

and now thinking to sell this phone and switch back to android ....

OP
Kulz

Kulz

Save the WORLD !!!
@ankit : ya d h/w behind d phone is really impressive 4 d price..

@all : thnx a lot guys.. i think i'll hold back my plans 2 buy a phone 4 a couple of months now. Maybe windows wud come up wid an upgrade soon(atleast 2 fix d bluetooth problem they have) and might be we can get some good phones with Android ICS in a couple of months with a decent price..

thatsashok

peace panda
Well custom WP7 ROMs are seen floating around in XDA

I am hoping that Android dual boot option comes fast

BTW Focus owner here

ankit360

Journeyman
Custom rom made for 1st Gen windows phone
Btw after using phone three week I can tell now windows phone is good and I m staying with it

sujoyp

Grand Master
Omnia W is super smooth interface...and I found lots of free application and games in windows marketplace...
yes customization is an issue...but other than that its great

sujoyp

Grand Master
@dragonslayer ...if u love to tinker with ur phone, install lots of applications, play lots of games, put new ROM and customize it according to ur taste ...then android is for u :D

If u want phone with nearly no customize options, limited games (or have to buy them) , limited applications, but lag free and smooth UI then WP 7.5 is for u ;)

Top Bottom