windows phone or android

aks1993

Broken In
hi,
i am planning to buy a phone within the range of 10-16k. i have selected two categories of windows or android. i am more intrested in windows as android has become so much popular that many people is having android phone.
for windows i have rounded nokia lumnia 710 and samsung omnia w. both are having similar specs the only diff. is omnia has an expandable memory.

i want android phone as in windows i think you can't transfer files.
so can you pls suggest an windows phone or android

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
WP7 is good, but may not be upgradable to WP8 which is coming in a few months. It's good for a normal user... Decent experience... But I would recommend getting Lumia 800 for around 18k...

Android is awesome... Not as smooth as WP7, but a lot more powerful... It's hard to find decent phones though... Most of them suck... Just hoping one day there will be a good cheap Nexus phone...

If you want to go the Android route, check out HTC One V...

Cheers!

ithehappy

Human Spambot
If you wanna use it for your main purpose then WP.
If you wanna use it as your secondary device then Android.
IMHO.

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
Go for android....
The App market for Android is increasing day by day, so u can do a lot with your phone !
If u buy a windows phone now, u cant do much with it (secondary features)...Hence stick with Android..

ancilary

Broken In
go for android man
trust me ,its way better than wp7
you can customize each and everything,
root if u want to remove bloatware and lots of stable custom roms are there

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
If you want a phone that performs well and feels good to use , get Windows Phone

15k budget Omnia W is the phone to get :wink:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
WP8 devices seem to be costly as HTC announced their lower end WP8 is with 4" display and snapdragon s4 plus chip. It will be costly without any doubt. Lower end devices will take much time to get launched.
From the features of WP8 detailed by microsoft, I think it still does not support bluetooth file transfer. But overall looks and other features looks promising. The marketplace is not that bad with more than 1 lakh apps currently, but what questionable is that howmany of them are still useful.
Better to go for android anyway.
However it is your personal decision.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
wrong section- moved

1st, omnia w does not have expandable memory

2nd, what is your usage like?
do you want more battery life ? are you a power user?

fill this

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/134349-questionnaire-mobile-phone-purchase-queries.html

rajan1311

Padawan
WP8 devices seem to be costly as HTC announced their lower end WP8 is with 4" display and snapdragon s4 plus chip. It will be costly without any doubt. Lower end devices will take much time to get launched.

what is the expected price for the entry level device?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
what is the expected price for the entry level device?

still unknown. We have to wait and see. I don't expect any WP8 phone will come under 20k unless they didn't use krait processer(normal duak core). Still have to wait to get an idea.
I expect WP8 is much better than android or ios as the benchmark of browser itself points to it.

it's just a guess but snapdragon s4 phones should cost around 20k ... or maybe less or more :p

snapdragon s4 phones just under 20k?
It is very hard to believe.
But it is possible when they release S5. But still they are running out of stock for s4. Just look at the case of HTC ONE S.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Maybe M$ partners will target 3 different pricepoint:
Tango with 800-1Ghz S1 processor at 10k (Lumia 610)
Tango with 1-1.4Ghz S2 processor at 20k (Lumia 800)
Apollo with 1.5Ghz S4 processor at 30k (whatever is coming soon).

aroraanant

Explorer
Get android without much thought.
And the best options in your budget are:
Desire S(if you can find one then just grab it)
Neo V
Neo V is good but right now it has some software issues,hopefully the next software update would fix it

Even Sola is good for around 18k

OP
A

aks1993

Broken In
thank u guys for your valuable info,
i have bought nokia lumnia 710 and i think its awesome and sometimes screws me up.
awesome because its design,cool interface nice camera and glossy finish.
screws me because -well there are lots of reason
1-need micro sim- if i apply for micro sim i have to take another plans wich costs more
2-no front camera
3-limeted apps
4-(worst one) to set a ring tone i have to download it i cant make any song as ringtone
5-low battery backup(at least i have to charge it twice daily)

that's all for now but i am loving maybe that's because its different phone and no one in my peers is having a windows phone

shashankm

I reign hell..
.......3-limeted apps
don't plan to contest this one out but there are plenty of quality applications out there. check out thoroughly
4-(worst one) to set a ring tone i have to download it i cant make any song as ringtone...
You can, although the other way. Transcode it through Zune not greater than 40 secs, you can make a song as your ringtone!

5-low battery backup(at least i have to charge it twice daily)
Any updates/fixes you checked for?

Top Bottom