Windows password cracked in seconds via FireWire

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
A security consultant based in New Zealand has released a tool that can unlock Windows computers in seconds without the need for a password.
Source
Source

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
This is not the fault of windows.. this is a security loophole because of the DMA (direct memory access) feature in the spec of firewire. So even a mac or a linux box can be cracked if you have physical access to the machine and that one has a firewire port ;)

Crack a Mac with Firewire

For more info: *www.engadget.com/2008/03/04/windows-passwords-easily-bypassed-over-firewire/

physical access is the key here... if you get physical access to a pc there are plenty of ways that its security can be compromised :p

_

OP
NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
so its mean if i know mac address of any one so i can access

tech_devil

Banned
Thanks for the info.

By reading this I think we must put all our data inside the ground as early people use to do that.

praka123

left this forum longback
in other news,a blank password proved more better for windows XP!:
Set a Blank Password in Windows XP To Protect the Computer from Internet Attacks

Some useful information. Your Windows XP computer is more safe if you don’t set any password at all than using some weak password like "abc123" which can be easily guessed by hackers.
Using a blank password (or no password at all) makes your computer more secure because Windows XP accounts, that are not protected by a password, cannot be accessed remotely over the network or the Internet.

OP
NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
i have but no device is connected

in other news,a blank password proved more better for windows XP!:
Set a Blank Password in Windows XP To Protect the Computer from Internet Attacks

thanks nice video

Last edited:
OP
NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
why not the eng design in build hardware firewall in chip or EPROM i think its safe na

Status
Not open for further replies.