Windows - No Disk! Cancel/Try Again/Continue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Hello!
Please have a look at this screenshot:
*www.tachypic.com/thumb/1632.jpeg

This error occurs whenever I start Opera. I even tried re-installing Opera but the error persists. It also pops up randomly sometimes at launching some application or file. Today I downloaded and installed 'Spybot - Search & Destroy' and started a system scan. As you can see in the screenshot, this error popped up. Normally I click on 'Cancel' and the software works just fine. However, it is popping up again and again while the software is doing the scan and I have to click 'Cancel' or 'Continue' again and again otherwise the scan pauses. This is damn irritating. Has anyone else ever faced a similar problem? What should I do?
Thank you! :)

blackpearl

The Devil
There seems to be some application which is trying to access something from the CD drive. Look at the task manager and try to identify the application.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
It does. It is fixed though. It happens every time I launch Opera or everytime I initiate a Spybot scan. So it's not something random.
There is probably some problem with the installation of Windows. But I had done a clean install and that too with the basic default options that I always do. Windows sucks!
Anyway, isn't there any remedy?

anandk

Distinguished Member
To resolve the issue, use one of the following methods:

• Insert a removable disk in the removable drive before you start the computer.
• Change the drive letter assignment for the removable drive to a letter other than C.

To change the drive letter assignments in Windows XP, follow these steps: 1. Log on to the computer as Administrator.
2. Insert a disk in the removable drive.
3. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
4. Click Disk Management.
5. Right-click the partition, logical drive, or volume that you want to change, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
6. Click the removable drive, click it, click Change, click the drive letter that you want to use, and then click OK.

*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330137

kl_ravi

Journeyman
Get Registry Mechanic & System Mechanic....
It will wipe clean invalid shortcuts, registry keys and other unwanted stuff thereby taking care of your problem

Have you added any page stored on a CD to favorites/bookmarks of opera ?

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
kl_ravi said:
Get Registry Mechanic & System Mechanic....
It will wipe clean invalid shortcuts, registry keys and other unwanted stuff thereby taking care of your problem

Have you added any page stored on a CD to favorites/bookmarks of opera ?

I entirely agree with him. Make a habit of using these software at regular intervals. The problem stems from a missing shortcut which point to a removable media.

Status
Not open for further replies.