Windows Longhorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojha_riddhish

Broken In
Hi friends! I am a newbie here. I wish everybody a very happy and wishful day. Best of Luck!
Recently my friend gave me a CD containing Windows Longhorn Alpha Setup in a folder. The CD is not bootable. And I want to install & experience Longhorn. Can anybody help me in this matter? I tried to create a bootable CD with Nero but it was not useful. I used the default boot disk contained in Nero as I don't have a Floppy Drive. When I boot from that CD, it shows Dr-DOS booting and its command line utility. How do I start the Longhorn Setup?
Any help would be commendable. Please help me1

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
order your beta DVD ..or Download from here:
*www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/beta/lhs/default.mspx

goobimama

 Macboy
Is this a joke or something? Why would someone use Longhorn, a buggy and pre-beta OS which has now been renamed Vista...?

praka123

left this forum longback
goobimama said:
Is this a joke or something? Why would someone use Longhorn, a buggy and pre-beta OS which has now been renamed Vista...?
:D:eek:
True.
Windows Vista is a line of graphical operating systems used on personal computers, including home and business desktops, notebook computers, Tablet PCs, and media centers. Prior to its announcement on 22 July 2005, Windows Vista was known by its codename "Longhorn".[1]
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_vista

goobimama

 Macboy
I'm thoroughly confused as to whether I'm right or wrong....though I'm more inclined towards believing that I'm wrong...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
actually yes, there's a lot of confusion. longhorn was used for both the desktop version (which is now called vista) as well as for the server. now that the desktop version is out, longhorn is used only wrt the windows server 2008 since its supposed to be the same generation product as vista. but as always it has been delayed.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ ur right ... earlier stages i think till 40xx something it was longhorn then it became vista

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Will you trust me on this !
Most part of rural India isnt yet over with their first Dosage of windows Xp.
Longhorn beta completly blows them away!

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Thats true that Longhorn was renamed to Vista but its also true that most of those eye-candy features were also removed from Vista.

Longhorn was total eye candy. Animated Login screen, Glass Toasts (Balloon tips glass border), Animated Details Pane in Explorer, And totally different theme with nice titlebar buttons and animations, Different Sidebar and many other features.

I know a lot ppl including me who always want to hv those features in Vista but I know its not possible coz those features were removed bcoz of some compatibility issues.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
freshseasons said:
Will you trust me on this !
Most part of rural India isnt yet over with their first Dosage of windows Xp.
Longhorn beta completly blows them away!

infra_red_dude said:
how can you compare windows xp wid longhorn (windows server 2008)??? theres no comparison, pal!!!

If this doesnt refer to me, please ignore the post and i apologize .
If it does, please show me a line , for the soul of Chaucer, where exactly is the comparison where yours truly have made.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ from what i inferred from ur reply was that the longhorn beta was to be used in rural india. i mean.. is still cudn't get what u meant. why wud they use servers for?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
what he meant was that xp is still not prevalent in the rural parts and vista is here ... and vista will blow them away as in a good way they will be in awe by vista

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hmmm.. confusion again! ;) he's talking abt vista (longhorn) while i'm talking about windows server 2008. guess now even i got confused as to which longhorn he was referring!!! :)

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Isn't it always advisable as a rule to suggest something, Eh! Then again", words do tend to have their exact meaning " :)
@ Imav
iMav said:
what he meant was that xp is still not prevalent in the rural parts and vista is here ... and vista will blow them away as in a good way they will be in awe by vista
Bang on Target . Thank you !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom