I have
Computer:

Computer Type ACPI x86-based PC

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate genuine

OS Service Pack Service Pack 1

Internet Explorer 8.0.7601.17514

DirectX DirectX 11.0

Motherboard:

CPU Type DualCore Intel Pentium E2180, 2000 MHz (10 x 200)

Motherboard Name

Intel Newberry Lake D945GCNL (2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 2 DDR2 DIMM,Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)

Motherboard Chipset Intel Lakeport-G i945GC

System Memory 1013 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)

DIMM1: 1024636750L

1 GB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)

Display:

Video Adapter Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0) (256MB)

3D Accelerator Intel GMA 950

Monitor SyncMaster B1930N

Audio Adapter

Realtek ALC888/1200 @ Intel 82801GB ICH7 - High Definition Audio Controller[A-1]

Storage:

Disk Drive SAMSUNG HD161GJ ATA Device (160 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

Optical Drive MOSER BAER DH-22AAS ATA Device

Partitions:

C: (NTFS) 61899 MB

D: (NTFS) 81999 MB

E: (NTFS) 8625 MB

Total Size 140.5 GB

my problem is when i want to open my movie folder and try to open windows explorer has stopped working message displayed and automatically restart my computer. please help me how to solve this problem.
thank you.

:confused:

Last edited:

pratyush997

Inactive
the system file might be corrupted!!! U may need to either repair it by Original WINDOWS 7 DVD or install it Again but in later method u will lose all of ur files so its ur choice..

OP
ramakanta

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
the system file might be corrupted!!! U may need to either repair it by Original WINDOWS 7 DVD or install it Again but in later method u will lose all of ur files so its ur choice..
i have already install freshly . also had tried in Xp . same problem occurs.. please help me.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
You stated that you already did a fresh install of Windows and still getting this error, this is strange. The problem may be some virus which is present in your other drives, which you don't format when you install Windows again (You reformat the windows partition when you do a fresh install, not the other partitions). I am listing some possible fixes, try them.

1. I see that whenever you open your Movie folder, it crashes. This more likely is a case of corrupt data in that folder.

Do this to test for corruption in that folder -

--Click Start and click Computer

--Click Organize and select Folder and search options from the dropdown

--On the Folder Options window, click the View tab

--Place a check in the option to Always show Icons, never thumbnail

--Remove the check for the option to Display file icon on thumbnails

--Click OK to close the Folder Options window

Now, go to any folders that contain Pictures or Videos and see if you can reproduce the issue. If Windows Explorer does not stop working, the folder that you were viewing possibly contains one or more pictures files that are corrupt or contain corrupted thumbnail data.

2. Check your PC for viruses, malware and spyware. Use a free antivirus like AVG and some other Spyware Detector.

3. Open Command Prompt with administrative priviledges, enter Sfc /scannow there and let it scan, it will repair all corrupted files in your installation. You may have to insert your Windows 7 DVD in the process, so keep it ready.

4. Restart your computer in Safe Mode and see if the problem persists.

Revert back after doing all this :)

/mods Please move this to Hardware QnA :)

OP
ramakanta

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
You stated that you already did a fresh install of Windows and still getting this error, this is strange. The problem may be some virus which is present in your other drives, which you don't format when you install Windows again (You reformat the windows partition when you do a fresh install, not the other partitions). I am listing some possible fixes, try them.

1. I see that whenever you open your Movie folder, it crashes. This more likely is a case of corrupt data in that folder.

Now, go to any folders that contain Pictures or Videos and see if you can reproduce the issue. If Windows Explorer does not stop working, the folder that you were viewing possibly contains one or more pictures files that are corrupt or contain corrupted thumbnail data.

2. Check your PC for viruses, malware and spyware. Use a free antivirus like AVG and some other Spyware Detector.

3. Open Command Prompt with administrative priviledges, enter Sfc /scannow there and let it scan, it will repair all corrupted files in your installation. You may have to insert your Windows 7 DVD in the process, so keep it ready.

i have already reformatted with new partition. and also E: (NTFS) 8625 MB drive have ubuntu 10.04 , (install inside windows). i have copy these movies file through ubuntu to drive D: . play with ubuntu is perfect but in win ; this problem occurs

OP
ramakanta

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz

Thanks thank You very Much . In your first method , my problem has solved. Nearly Past two years i was facing this problem now it was solved. no problems occurs . open and play smoothly. but what was my problem ? is RAM is insufficients or any other??
thank you again.

:) :)

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
^^ Did the SFC scan method solve it? Specify which method solved it.

And no problem, we are always there to help :)

OP
ramakanta

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ Did the SFC scan method solve it? Specify which method solved it.

And no problem, we are always there to help :)
Method is..

thank you

Top Bottom