Windows Explorer has stopped working

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
I recently installed Win7 ultimate 64 bit on my laptop. It gives me very frequent Windows Explorer has stopped working after which the laptop just freezes. Ctrl+Alt+del works 20% of the time. Most of the time I have to force restart. I searched various solutions on the internet, none seem to work. However, when the message "Windows Explorer has stopped working" is being displayed, if I press the disc eject button, explorer restarts and problem is fixed.

Any permanent solution to this problem?

1.just disable error reporting.
(my comp->properties->advanced->error reporting .. ..its for xp should be same for vista)
(or you can disable it from Tune-UP utilities if you have)

2. See what's the error that is encountered.
(it will show the error and not 'Windows Explorer has stopped working")

3. Google the error ....(check Microsoft's site ....too...it works many a times) and find a solution

post the error here too so we can have a look.

also you should first have a look at this

Windows 7 64bit Ultimate - Explorer.exe Freeze (AppCrash) - Microsoft Answers

its solved by a registry tweak ...

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Post a photo of the processes running in Task Manager

Also do a antivirus scan using online AV-
HouseCall - Free Online Virus Scan - Trend Micro USA

OP
marvelousprashant

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
*lh3.googleusercontent.com/-BZJ94q4jALU/To8eweB6rZI/AAAAAAAAAlI/fUB45R7x7zc/s512/task.png

I have disabled error reporting error from gpedit and have not encountered the error till now

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/-BZJ94q4jALU/To8eweB6rZI/AAAAAAAAAlI/fUB45R7x7zc/s512/task.png

I have disabled error reporting error from gpedit and have not encountered the error till now

that worked for me . . .few years ago when i was playing a GTA : San Andreas (mod) ...i was frustrated when gtasa.exe crashed before saving the game ...that when a tough mission was completed :evil:
but just disabling the error reporting solved the problem..:))

Any Idea how it works.. ? :?

Top Bottom