help me soon guys.......

when i boot my pc i get a error

/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/CONFIG/SYSTEM
is corrupted or missing

boot from the windows disk and press 'r' to repair

HELP me FAST..........:(:(

*GandaBerunda*

Drool!...Vista
i dont't think tat u can do anything bout it as a system folder is missing...u better put in ur windows installation disk (if u have it) and type "r" after the cd boots to repair ur windows installation..

OP
ayush_chh

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
*GandaBerunda* said:
u better put in ur windows installation disk (if u have it) and type "r" after the cd boots to repair ur windows installation..

i booted using the disk and pressed 'R' what after that??????
how do i repair the file???

OP
ayush_chh

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
@cyberboy

it's not working.....:(
gives an error when i try to execute the codes

The System cannot find the file specified.

slugger

Banned
y don't u just copy d folder from a friend's comp and paste it 2 d deisred location overwriting d existing corrupt folder.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Insert WIN INSTALL DISK, choose install (press install 4 a new install). After it searches for old installation of windows, press R. Setup will check for HDD errors, system errors, etc. and correct them accordingly.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Its really sad that members don't suggest to read "Frequently Asked Problems" thread even it contains solutions. I request all members to suggest this thread if you find solution to any problem. :)

Point no.9:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61413

OP
ayush_chh

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
well i got it right.....:)
thank you all.

i was fed up and then decided to reinstall the OS so i put the disk and where it asked to select the drive i gave the same drive where OS was present then i continued by this option 'Leave the current file system intact(no change)' and it tried to recover my disk and told to restart the PC , i did it and Voila!!!!:):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom