Windows default language

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGS

Right off the assembly line
I am using Windows me on a celeron 450 MHz system with 256Mb RAm.

I recently installed a hindi wordprocessing software. As it was not to my liking I uninstalled it through the program uninstaller.

Now when I use MSN messenger I get the initial login screen in hindi font !
and when I try to chat with someone the charcters I type are seen by Me in HINDI but the receiver get it in English.

Basically my default language settng in the windows registry is set to this Hindi font.

This is true for any softwrae I try to install. The default messages like "Install now" or "choose directory" etc., appear in trnsliterated Hindi and this is maddening.

I have checked my PC it is free of all viruses, trojans, adware, malware, spyware - I use lavasoft adaware, AVG7free, spyware blaster, spware doctor, spybot etc., system is clean.

Basically somewhere in the registry entry the language or font is set to HINDI font.

Can any body help?

Thanks

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Go to Control Panel>Regional and Language Options>Languages>Details and then select "English (United States) - US from the drop down list. Hit Apply, OK and you should be back to normal.

sms_solver

In the zone
Do u see the Language Bar in the taskbar. If language bar is there in taskbar, u see a keyboard logo. If english is set to default u should see EN there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom