Windows 8 Developer's Preview

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
When you delete file windows 8 warns or not.

As I have written in my previous Post
"Their is no Dialog box to Send file to recycle bin, but their is if u do "Permanent Delete". (shift+del)"

Are you checked any USB3.0 device with windows 8.

I do not have any usb 3.0 devices nor port so can't do it.

@asingh

yes,their is. Most probably similar to windows 7. I think UAC is their to stay for a long time and according to me it is very good and usefull. Yes it sometimes annoys us, irritate us but it is useful.

To get this in XP we used to use "limited account" for our day to day work and use "administrator account" to install any thing

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Nice review. Screen shots looks appealing, thanks for the same. Mine is an old PC. Just wondering if there will be drivers for Windows 8. I have Windows 7 now, but don't have graphics drivers. Hence no Aero, WMP, WMM or can't play any games. The system requirements say there is only need for DirectX 9 drivers. Does it mean that it will work on my PC ? Downloading any way :)

Last edited:

anandharaja

In the zone
hi,
i completed Windows 8 developer preview download this morning and i try to install in my system i got the following BSOD Error " PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (WimFsf.sys)".

i cannot continue the install further what can i do now?
My system configuration is
intel i5 2500 processor
intel DH67BL motherboard
4GB 1600MHZ corsair RAM
Corsair 600W SMPS.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
In my case, both Virtualbox and installation on a HP 430 laptop are throwing errors. Think I have a corrupted download. :(

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
Which version have you downloaded? In virtual Box Virtulization is required for 64 bit edition. or else it will not recognized 64 bit processor hence no windows.

Rajesh345

Youngling
In my case, both Virtualbox and installation on a HP 430 laptop are throwing errors. Think I have a corrupted download. :(

why i got this BSOD Error " PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (WimFsf.sys)".

My iso fie is corrupted?

If u think u have corrupted download chk Sha 1 hash for integrity

Windows Developer Preview with developer tools English, 64-bit (x64)
DOWNLOAD (4.8 GB)

Sha 1 hash - 6FE9352FB59F6D0789AF35D1001BD4E4E81E42AF
Windows Developer Preview English, 64-bit (x64)

DOWNLOAD (3.6 GB)

Sha 1 hash – 79DBF235FD49F5C1C8F8C04E24BDE6E1D04DA1E9

Windows Developer Preview English, 32-bit (x86)

DOWNLOAD (2.8 GB)

Sha 1 hash - 4E0698BBABE01ED27582C9FC16AD21C4422913CC

Windows Metro Style Apps Developer Downloads

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
yes, I believe it is. But to confirm Pls do a hash check , here below I shared hash from microsoft Site itself. Look according to your Version.

One who don't have hash checker get it from here:- (500 KB)

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Windows Developer Preview with developer tools English, 64-bit (x64)

Sha 1 hash - 6FE9352FB59F6D0789AF35D1001BD4E4E81E42AF

Windows Developer Preview English, 64-bit (x64)

Sha 1 hash – 79DBF235FD49F5C1C8F8C04E24BDE6E1D04DA1E9

Windows Developer Preview English, 32-bit (x86)

Sha 1 hash - 4E0698BBABE01ED27582C9FC16AD21C4422913CC

Edit: hmm some one already shared it. I was writing this and I had to leave my table. I posted without refreshing page.

anandharaja

In the zone
@Rajesh345 & clmlbx Thanks for your replies.
i used opera to download windows 8. its completed 100% but windows fails to install.
i checked my downloaded file with torrent file, opera miss around 12mb file, i completed my download using torrent.

i installed windows 8 successfully.

Get back your favorite Windows 7 Start Menu, Explorer And Task Manager In Windows 8
visit here

Last edited:

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Start menu is fine, but I think explorer and task manager are better in Windows 8. Anyway, thanks for the link :)

anandharaja

In the zone
@ meetdilip
if you like the windows 8 new interface and don't like the start menu here is the tool for customization depends on our taste. visit here

Any one installed antivirus in windows 8? i try to install avast 6 but not working

i copied Windows 8 iso image from HDD to external seagate freeagent goflex HDD.

Usb 3 Performance:
*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-aVB-eXGj97c/TndjeOkFNoI/AAAAAAAAANM/SPCJQLcgI1I/usb3%252520speed.jpg

Windows 8 Keyboard Shortcuts: Visit here

Windows 8 Shortcuts and secrets: Visit here

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
Any one installed antivirus in windows 8? i try to install avast 6 but not working

I heard that Windows 8 will have inbuilt antivirus solution out of the box.

Please look at this: Microsoft has already confirmed it.

1) Microsoft confirms antivirus features in Windows 8

2) Windows 8 will ship with built-in antivirus protection

meetdilip

Computer Addict
It is just a modified version of Windows Defender. I think it will be wise to use a separate anti virus and firewall.

anandharaja

In the zone
When you try to open unassociated file the following dialog appear.

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-sijsUCo7t-g/Tngk8L7AyoI/AAAAAAAAANQ/MSphwCiNx3w/1.jpg

when you click see all option following dialog appear

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/-wij01nlHD9Q/Tngk9escbOI/AAAAAAAAANY/TKc78Jm7Fck/2.jpg

When you click look for app on web it opens internet explorer in metro style and gives the suggestion program associated to that file.

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GJVlFfapFms/Tngk9LSkh3I/AAAAAAAAANU/iaz6vlZQ5LU/s640/3.jpg

How to Enable delete confirmation dialog

Right click on recycle bin and select properties.

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/-k4PdbUIYIQU/TngvSDdBPII/AAAAAAAAANc/SD-7GhE0dz8/recyclebin%252520properties.jpg

Now check the Display Delete Confirmation dialog.

Hidden Thumbnail Feature

When you move your cursor extremely left side you see thumbnail, through this thumbnail you can access previously opened programs.

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/-dH6F1HnvKrs/Tng05gGIUgI/AAAAAAAAANg/RusHIESPgZM/s640/hidden%252520thumbnail.jpg

Click and drag the Thumbnail to right side, the thumbnail will enlarged and also you switch to another opened application.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^ Ya I believe I have already shared that..

I am really impressed with Windows basic. Running windows 7 and windows 8 together at once is really stressful on system. I was getting lags on clicks and all. But after changing it to "windows Basic". wow Lot of improvement in performance.

Top Bottom