Windows 7 sp1

mohityadavx

Youngling
I am using win7 ultimate edition and regularly updating it.. Since the day i heard about sp1 upgrade i am checking for updates daily but is shows no available update for your pc what shall i do shall i wait even more(SIGH!!!!) or manually download update and install it.

Is it even worth installing and downloading the sp1 as i heard that basically its just a cumulative update of all the update which were previously given which i had installed time to time.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
According to the source: Microsoft releases Windows 7 SP1 - Thinkdigit Article, the SP1 contains besides containing updates from previous updates, "client-side support for RemoteFX and Dynamic Memory which are two new virtualization features enabled in Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1."

So unless you want the above feature, or you don't mind the absence of "Windows 7 SP1" written in your system properties, I dont think its worth updating to SP1.

TeckKy

Broken In
This one is a curse on sp1 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) *technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff817622(WS.10).aspx

Last edited:
Top Bottom