Windows 7: Microsoft's Linux killer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Yesterday I laughed hard at this thread and went to sleep, got too lazy to reply.

Today once again I'm laughing hard at this thread, not got lazy yet.

Hahaha. So they all want to kill Linux, good good, atleast we know now who is actually improving and leading ahead and who is catching up. In all fairness I really hope Linux will never become a mass OS, that should be only Windows, Linux is a privilege that should be only bestowed upon the few lucky souls that are thoughtful and brave enough to head the mighty way.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Yesterday I laughed hard at this thread and went to sleep, got too lazy to reply.

Today once again I'm laughing hard at this thread, not got lazy yet.

Hahaha. So they all want to kill Linux, good good, atleast we know now who is actually improving and leading ahead and who is catching up. In all fairness I really hope Linux will never become a mass OS, that should be only Windows, Linux is a privilege that should be only bestowed upon the few lucky souls that are thoughtful and brave enough to head the mighty way.

Well said hitboxx. :)
Agree with you.

j_h

Banned
I use linux because I dont want to spend moeny on softwares. If Linux is free and doing the job for me why pay for windows, if Gimp is free and doing the job for me why pay for photoshop.
So, windows 7 will not be a linux killer. It may be if microsoft releases it under GPL .

NucleusKore

TheSaint
^^ Esp When we have people like Nucleus preparing APT CDs soon after an Ubuntu release. ;)

:) Many doubted my commitment when I started out, first with SUSE (some seniors in their forums) then with Ubuntu. Some even questioned the usefulness (you know sometimes one man's junk is another man's utility). Now that I've proved them wrong they've just shut up :) I've been particularly successful with Ubuntu and it's derivatives, due to AptOnCD. That guy's done a great job with it.

JAK

What the Heck !
hmmm...
The guys at MS are very good at marketing...they have flagged off the campaign a couple of years before the actual launch( dunno if the launch is gonna be plagued with delays as in Vista).
In the end what the end customer gets is a bloat-ware complimented with a memory hogger that too at a exorbitant price not to forget the WGA headache...

@MetalheadGautham: Just because you know 2 line linux commands, it does not make you super genius. It makes you idiot; as idiot as those typical windows users. Grow up.
I guess you enjoy doing the extremes.
Either I should be super genius or super idiot, right ? :rolleyes:
I am living in the middle and I am happy that I know enough to get my work done without getting pwned by problems.
ThankYou.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Linux killer ? Lolz, what kills windows is the volume of windows users who are n00bs. N00b windows users outnumber pro windows users with a magnitude such that if the whole of India is full of windows n00bs, only the whole of south africa is full of sensible (or above) grade windows users

I guess you enjoy doing the extremes.
Either I should be super genius or super idiot, right ?
I am living in the middle and I am happy that I know enough to get my work done without getting pwned by problems.

What makes you think that a majority of Windows users are "n00bs" as you put it. Do you have a reliable source that indicates the number of "n00bs" with comparison of Pro users. You invited the flame and imho you sure as well deserved it. A person can be a noob in either Windows or Linux . The only difference is Windows is much more easily available and hence the users increase. Since you seem to be living in the "middle" although your post suggests otherwise illa sk you one thing . How many posts do you have in the Open Source section asking for help ? If you even have one by definition you are noob to the other thousands who probably new the answer.

Im not ranting at Linux users or Windows users. Im just ranting at some peoples attitude that Windows is a bunch of "n00bs" and we Linux users are what balances out the equation. Learn not to classify people by the software they use. That theory is astoundingly stupid.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I caught hold of Windows 7 prebeta and am ready to test it. Will udpate once I find out how it runs on my 2yr old rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom