Windows 7 messed up :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Count Dracula

Journeyman
I was downloading stuff off torrents and wanted to resize a partition from 90GB to 100GB.I used Paragon Partition Manager to do so and during the operation it restarted and my pc wasn't booting after that.I lost all the data from that partition (86.4GB)!
I used my ubuntu live CD and fixed the Master Boot Record after long.Then both Vista and 7 dont boot up and it took me ages to find my vista CD(actually to 'make' one,if you get what I mean).Then used the repair option to fix the pc and repaired 7 too by mistake by that vista CD.
Now,Vista boots up all fine,but 7 shows the vista startup animation(the green bar,instead of new 7 animation) and then it says welcome and stuff and it says "Preparing your desktop" and after a while it just shows a empty blue screen with no icons.Even after waiting it doesnt help :(.
Is there a way to fix this without having to reinstall 7? (I do have the 7 CD with me,but it would be a great hassle reinstalling it :( ).
Also any way to get back the data I lost? (the whole partition is missing now).The partition had only videos (no, not what you're thinking,it was anime :p).Seriously it had taken ages to collect and download all that stuff.Thanks in advance.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Try repairing "startup repair" for Win 7 with Win 7 DVD. And for recovering data you can try Data Recovey softwares.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Similar thing happened to me , if you change the partitiion size the Boot loader gets messed up. I made a norton ghost image of my win7 drive which was 70GB partition , then thought to rezsize it to 50 and load the image on the new drive, but the boot loader was gone, repaired it with Win 7 dvd and everything worked.

OP
C

Count Dracula

Journeyman
I used startup repair but it says like some new device plugged to the pc aint letting it start,something on similar terms and it just doesn't continue :|.So....ok I'll try using the repair option,which software should I use for recovering the data?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom