Windows 7.8 update

Ys10

Right off the assembly line
Is been 8 days from 30 jan, still no update of windows 7.8 in my nokia 710. Is the update come in India. Pls help as I am waiting for this update from a long time

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Is been 8 days from 30 jan, still no update of windows 7.8 in my nokia 710. Is the update come in India. Pls help as I am waiting for this update from a long time

I suggest you to take it to nearest Nokia Care. I read that it can be updated to WP 7.8 there only.
A friend gave this info when he visited a Nokia center to use WP 7.8 Lumia 710.

Games Goblin

Journeyman
I used the Zune cable trick described here on my dad's 710 and got the 7.8 update - by using this trick most probably you wont get the 7.8 update first, but some older updates which were released before - I got the 7.8 update on the 3rd try. In the guide, they describe to pull out the Ethernet cable 2 secs after clicking on check for updates - this time depends on your internet speed - to find out the time after which to pull the cable - first connect the phone to Zune. When clicking on check for updates, start to count the no. of seconds it takes from clicking on check for updates till the time you get the "your phone is running on latest software" screen. In my case it was 42 seconds - take 3 fourths of that time - in my case 42*3/4 = 31.5 or 32 seconds - so I pulled out the cable 32 seconds after clicking on update and I was able to use this trick to update to 7.8. Please try this and report back.

Top Bottom