Window Buttons and Labels are at wrong places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
I have Windows XP SP2 running. Recently My system developed a strange problem where different buttons and labels in a window are not located at their original locations and are placed at irregular places. Programs such as Spybot Search & Destroy's confirmation dialog box, video conversion programs etc are giving the trouble. Can anyone suggest me a remedy? :?:

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
possiblity of spyware.
Get a nice spyware removing software.
Ad-aware is nice just google search this download d personal edition one.
This MIGHT help you.
do scaning for viruses too sugested NOrton Antivirus

sakumar79

Technomancer
Never heard of such a problem before... Could it be some theme-related problem? Try setting your system to the default theme (WinXP default or Win2k classic theme). Also, run sfc to check if any system file related to themes, etc. has been corrupted...

I doubt if this is caused by spyware or virus or trojan, but no harm in checking. Please confirm if you have tested for the above and what software you have used in each case.

If all of the above dont help, do post a log from HijackThis to help check if we are missing something.

Arun

You may have accidentally changed the display font size.

Check Display Properties (Rt. Click on desktop) > Settings > Advanced > General > DPI Setting. Default value is 96 DPI.

-Keith

OP
iNFiNiTE

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
I dont think it can be a spyware/or adware because i don't have an internet connection at my home. Maybe it can be a display problem as keith suggested. I will check out and let u know about it.

OP
iNFiNiTE

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
Well I changed the dpi back to 96 most of the windows got repaired. However the confirmation dialog box of Spybot Search and Destroy 1.4 remains just like before. I 'm posting the window screenshots:

First Screenshot
*img34.imageshack.us/img34/4200/11on.th.jpg

Second Screenshot
*img34.imageshack.us/img34/1862/26kc.th.jpg

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom