Winamp 5.1 Surround Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Winamp still does not support VCD format files like dat and major video formats and DVD. It still is a basic Audio Player.

Ashis

In the zone
Winamp Doesnt Play Vedios properly & again It really messes the output at high Sound !
It also Consumes a lot of resources.
I personally Never liked Winamp!

I would rather go for Windows Media Player....Its free & has very good features.

opokharel

Right off the assembly line
About new version of winamp

if the new version had been released, it would be there in the digit cd.

kikass

Broken In
I would rather go for Windows Media Player....Its free & has very good features.

absolutely. media player 10 is by far the best audio player. i used to run winamp earlier but it simply cannot match the sound quality of mp10.

does anybody know if a new version of media player is being launched? i had read it was supposed to be included with longhorn, but since thats gonna take long, MS will release the player first.

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
Winamp and WMP10 are nothing when compared to J.River Media Center 11.0
It is much much powerful than winamp in terms of functionalities.
It is basically a powerful audio player supporting almost all music formats.
And also support some video files and pictures.
I use it for playing my big collection of MP3 songs.

Winamp lite is useful in some cases when I want to test some music files quickly. It will good if they make it some more lite.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
winamp 2 series was a very good media player. the lightest! but winamp 3 onwards..the cpu consumption was a bit on the higher side. i like this media player very much. the only sore point are the video playback.

the sound quality of WMP is better than winamp coz there are integratted audio plugins (like SRS WOW..etc) in WMP which makes it consume more resources. winamp can give the same quality but wid plugins.

shakti

Journeyman
winamp 5.09

i dont use winamp because it cannot play most of the files of extensions like .rm and .mov

but Quote:
waiting for the final ver. ..... happy with my RealPlayer for now

get jet audio pro

it can play anything

V

vishal_bhatia87

I personally like iTunes very much.

Easy uploading to my iPod.
Best in sound.

kato

Karthiksn
man who said it doesnt play vcd just copy the vcd file to ur computer and change the extention from .dat to wmv (obviuosly many of u might be knowing it though)
i think winamp is a gr8 player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom