Win7 64 Bit+8800GT

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys I just installed Win7 64bit on my PC. I've a 8800GT and the drivers came with it are of XP and VISTA only.

I've tried installing NVIDIA's latest driver 258.96 but its not installing, I tried installing 197.45 and that is also not installing...

If anyone here happens to have the same combination as me, please let me know which forceware to install...

I need this urgent

pushkar

Journeyman
What do you mean by "not installing"? Any errors? Are you by any chance trying to install the 32-bit drivers instead of 64-bit ones? This is the download page for GeForce drivers for Windows 7 and Vista 64-bit.

I am also pretty sure that Windows Update can also get you your graphics drivers. The version which you get through Windows Update may not be the latest, but Windows 7 is pretty good at detecting and installing drivers through Windows Update.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Follow these step to install display driver on windows 7
Best method to update Graphics driver in Windows 7 TechTin | Technology container

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
IMO NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Automatically Detect NVIDIA Products will suggest you the latest drivers your system supports/needs :)

PS: You will need to install the ActiveX component from Nvidia

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
What do you mean by "not installing"? Any errors? Are you by any chance trying to install the 32-bit drivers instead of 64-bit ones? This is the download page for GeForce drivers for Windows 7 and Vista 64-bit.
Its 64 bit and I'm sure of it.

I am also pretty sure that Windows Update can also get you your graphics drivers. The version which you get through Windows Update may not be the latest, but Windows 7 is pretty good at detecting and installing drivers through Windows Update.
Is it so...hmmm. Today winupdate downloaded some 32 updates and was installing...I'm not sure if gfx drivers are in there..

R u sure it downloads NVIDIA drivers?

pushkar

Journeyman
Is it so...hmmm. Today winupdate downloaded some 32 updates and was installing...I'm not sure if gfx drivers are in there..

R u sure it downloads NVIDIA drivers?
Yes, I am sure. I have installed nVidia drivers on two computers using Windows Update. The drivers are usually in the Optional section of Windows Updates (there are two sections, Important and Optional).

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
My updates started when the system was shutting down, I could not check if it had downloaded NVIDIA drivers... :cool:

I had the same bloody problem. I ended up downloading 10 different drivers and none of them worked. Just did a fresh OS reinstall and all was well after that.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I had the same bloody problem. I ended up downloading 10 different drivers and none of them worked. Just did a fresh OS reinstall and all was well after that.

Well in my case windows downloaded an old driver 196 probably which was released in April.

But the NVIDIA control panel was showing up in that case.

I again tried installing 256.96 and miraculously it installed. Now computer is working perfectly, no grains in HD media (tested with 720P and 1080P videos).

Not yet tried games...

Top Bottom