Win 7 help

Megabored

Right off the assembly line
Ok guys,
I have shifted from Win XP to Win 7.
In XP when i plug the earphones to the comp i did not have to change any setting's to make the comp switch default sound settings to earphones :)
In 7 i have to go to control panel->sound and settings and change the default
IS there any way the comp can change the default to earphones ( like how it was in XP ) when i plug it in? Instead of going through Control Panel and all....
Please help.......:sad:

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I also have come across this issue twice and both the times with new PCs. Connecting headphones/earphones in the front panel doesn't detect them when front panel jack detection is enabled. You need to disable them to get your headphones/earphones working directly. Don't know if this issue stems from the cabinets I'm using or a fallacy of the Realtec chipset. :|

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
theres an auto detect feature imo.but the front panel gives problems frequently.anyways i dont think or know about any solution for that as yet.

fallacy of the Realtec chipset.

very much the same possibilty

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I also have come across this issue twice and both the times with new PCs. Connecting headphones/earphones in the front panel doesn't detect them when front panel jack detection is enabled. You need to disable them to get your headphones/earphones working directly. Don't know if this issue stems from the cabinets I'm using or a fallacy of the Realtec chipset. :|

Just re-do the front panel sound connectors to the motherboard. Follow the motherboard manual schematic closely.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
get the latest MoBo and audio drivers...
It didn't help either.

As a matter of fact, there is nothing called motherboard drivers. A Motherboard has a lot of different chipsets for LAN/Sound/IGP/Northbridge/Southbridge etc and you need proper drivers for all of them. Basically Windows provides basic drivers for all of them but sometimes specific drivers from vendors are also available.

hunch

Right off the assembly line
Download the updated sound driver for Windows 7 and install it... this will solve the problem.

duh

Broken In
"Operating Systems Post anything about Unix, Linux, BSD, Solaris, etc., here. Open Source only please"
i guess i am in the wrong sub-forum.
Operating Systems Post anything about Unix, Linux, BSD, Solaris, etc., here. "Open Source only please"

Top Bottom