WiMax ready for rollout in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
dd_wingrider said:
well u dont have to buy nything extra, they will come and install everything.
I am not going to buy anything.I am just asking to know, what hardware is required to run Wi-max connection.

Also, If they give their own hardware...than it is not free , they charge monthly rental for the same.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Is that reliance wimax connection , 300kbps(unlilimted downloads and uploads) , available in Haryana ??

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
FTW!!! Wi-Max must be of much higher speed than Wifi which has a max of 54MBPS .. WiMax at this speed is bullsh!t..

its just like giving empty giftbox. :mad:

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
@ ravi_9793

i have a Reliance Wimax Broadband connection.

plan
-----
Unlimited D/L
speed-300kbps (but it goes upto 400 kbps i have even seen it going upto 1000 kbps)
charges - Rs. 1122/- (inclusive of tax) per month
they charge only Rs. 500/- for installation. There is no monthly rental.In this they supply MODEM, Receiver, CAT-5 Cable etc.(isn't that great)

:):)

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
ayush_chh said:
@ ravi_9793

i have a Reliance Wimax Broadband connection.

plan
-----
Unlimited D/L
speed-300kbps (but it goes upto 400 kbps i have even seen it going upto 1000 kbps)
charges - Rs. 1122/- (inclusive of tax) per month
they charge only Rs. 500/- for installation. There is no monthly rental.In this they supply MODEM, Receiver, CAT-5 Cable etc.(isn't that great)

:):)
Looks gr8 :)
Better than mine Airtel 256 UL, cost Rs. 1125/ month including all taxes.However I am satisfied with Airtel speed and service.
Currently I am getting 1.6 Mbps speed :p

Last edited:

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
AirTel is the best BroadBand connection that i have heard of....but in my area there is no airtel connection . we have sify which sucks...so i switced to Reliance WiMax......

Last edited:

din

Tribal Boy
One of my friends workin in Oracle in Blore use the service, he said the service was down for 1-2 days full and there are some frequent problems and hes planning to go back to Airtel broadband. May be the starting problems, anyway better to wait it seems.

sam_1710

Youngling
Yup.... same problem even i'm facing with my 300kbps Unlimited connection!! :(
My area doesn't have Airtel connectivity, and for BSNL BB, i'll have to wait for more than 3/4 months!!
So i took a reliance Wimax conn.. i get connection quickly on weekdays!! :)
no connection in the weekends!! :( The customer care sucks.. they dont answer the call itself!! chay!! :( :((

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
ya the connection was down for 2 days not only in bangalore but in pune too....when i called the customer care they said that it was some server problem and they will rectify it soon.....now there is no problem......i mean i have never faced any problem...:)

sam_1710

Youngling
I always face probs on weekends!! .. :( otherwise its a smooth connection... no wiring hassles, etc..!! But the customer care is still a problem.. :(

B

bigdaddy486

plz tell me what to buy and how much it costs. do we want to pay monthly rent? or is it free just like in usa?

B

bigdaddy486

isnt wifi inet connection free in usa @ hotspoots? isn't wimax free? then what's the use with 300kbps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom