Will this SMPS be enough?

OP
T

The_Man

Broken In
I consider all those things related to my daily life as girls.Priya is one of my favourites.I will have to kick her out of my case...unthinkable...heartbreaking...jus kidding.

I will go for the VX450 but there's a problem.It's not available in the local stores here.So I will have to buy it online.Since I haven't taken a decision on the mobo yet,I will need a PSU with 4+4 pin EPS connector.I have heard that there are two versions of this 450
see here:PSU Corsair VX450 12v 8/4 pin - MajorGeeks Support Forums

So is this a 4+4?
eBay India: Corsair VX 450 Watts SMPS Power Supply VX450 BILL (item 180620647223 end time 08-Feb-2011 02:17:23 IST)

If you can,please suggest some good Indian websites for purchasing it.

modder

RAMPAGE!!!!
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...-hardware-price-check-kolkata.html#post948176

Check the first post of the thread for online stores. Then compare the price.

modder

RAMPAGE!!!!
it appears that there are 2 versions of the 450, one with the detachable 8 pin and one with the 8 and 4 pin seperate, as shown in the pic on new egg, it is a pity that Corsair didn't revise the manual in the box..(for newbie's like me heh)

Yes its 4+4 or 8/4. Not a problem. But do check before buying, see if they mention it in the specs.

OP
T

The_Man

Broken In
VX450 costs 3880@Lynx and 3500@TIW.So I wont be buying it from Lynx.The problem with ITW is that they don't even have a paypal account which is very sad.I wish to purchase it from them but I cant.And I like the 3/6 month EMI scheme @ Ebay.That might take some load off my shoulders.So what do you guys think?Can I proceed with that VX450 @ Ebay?

OP
T

The_Man

Broken In
Bought a VX450 today and I'm very happy with this super silent powerful PSU.But there's a problem.The pins on the AC power cord that came with the PSU are so big that they don't fit into my UPS's socket or the wall socket!I think it requires a power socket.What do I do now?Any ideas?

Right now it's connected using my Priya's power cord.Just a temporary setup.The Corsair cord seems to be of a better quality and it even comes with a fuse on the plug.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
i just wanted to ask that when i called tirupathi in np today they said vx450 is 3900+ tax how come is it cheaper on itwares?

and ys ups which have sockets on backsid tend to have small socket side. could you please post the picture of your corsair vx450's power cord that came with it asap. and was the manual correct? few months someone reported they got tx650 manual in vx450 box.

OP
T

The_Man

Broken In
Thanks Piyush.I had to spent around Rs.3750 to get one.
By the way,it doesn't fit into the power socket either.I think it's based on European standards.That's why this extra large size.

Last edited:
OP
T

The_Man

Broken In
You can get a standard converter for that. European to Indian.
From where?
could you please post the cable photo it would really help people who buy corsair smpss.and was the manual correct?
I cant find my datacable.Still looking for it.I tried to scan the plug:)) but the pic isn't clear enough.No issues with the manual.VX450 and VX550 share the same manual and that's the one I got.

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Most shops will have this. Take the print or take the Corsair cable and show the dude at the counter.

*img192.imageshack.us/img192/7140/powerconverter.jpg

OP
T

The_Man

Broken In
oh yeah thanks a lot man.this is exactly what I was looking for.I always wonder why these countries make things difficult for the manufacturer and the consumer.There are too many avoidable standard differences.120V vs 230 V,KPH vs MPH,right hand drive vs left hand drive,pound vs kilo,and they even have their own plug designs.What the........is going on here?

@aby geek and other future corsair smps owners
see the rectangular holes in the image.That's the shape of the pins.You need an adapter to plug them into the Indian power socket.

*i56.tinypic.com/300fuch.jpg

And this is how the plug looks like
*upload.ecvv.com/upload/Product/200812/China_Europe_to_UK_plug_converter_BS57332008125842362.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom