Will this laptop do for me?

OP
Z

zap

Broken In
I snooped around some shops today and this is what I've found:
HP G42-478TX Notebook PC (LN357PA) specifications - HP Home & Home Office products

The dealer is selling it at 33,200. I've seen it, the looks are okay-okay, but I think it's got a good gfx card: ATI Mobility Radeon 6370 512 MB.

Should I go for it, or is there a better deal I am missing?

BTW, I just went to notebookcheck and they say that Intel HD 3000 performs better that it???

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I snooped around some shops today and this is what I've found:
HP G42-478TX Notebook PC (LN357PA) specifications - HP Home & Home Office products

The dealer is selling it at 33,200. I've seen it, the looks are okay-okay, but I think it's got a good gfx card: ATI Mobility Radeon 6370 512 MB.

Should I go for it, or is there a better deal I am missing?
yup..its far better than the SONY Via u had in mind initially.
but get 4GB RAM upgrade.

BTW, I just went to notebookcheck and they say that Intel HD 3000 performs better that it???
no intel HD3000 is not a good performer than ATI HD series...

PS: u can checkout laptops from DELL.
One of my frnd recently purchased DELL Inspiron with Core-i5,4GB RAM & ATI HD 5XXX series card.
arnd 35k he completed many latest games in it COD black ops,F1 2010,BFBC2 etc

Cilus

laborare est orare
If you are willing to pay 35K, just increase the budget ny 1K and get Asus A53SJ @ 36K. This is the most well balanced laptop within price and comes with a great hardware config, unmatched by any of the other brands.

Here is the specs for it:-

Core i5 2410M 2.3 GHz (3 MB L3 Cache)
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ram
500 GB 5400 RPM HDD
nVidia GT 520 1 GB GDDR3 Graphics card
15.6" HD Glare Display with 1366X768 resolution
0.3 Mpx Web Cam

My friend has bought it after my suggestion n I have checked it personally. All the current games are playable here and It offers more than 3 Hrs of battery backup with normal usage. Even while playing HD movies, it provides more than 2 Hrs of backup.

Check the Online Link.

OP
Z

zap

Broken In
If you are willing to pay 35K, just increase the budget ny 1K and get Asus A53SJ @ 36K.
15.6" HD Glare Display with 1366X768 resolution

Thanks mate, but I won't stretch my budget that far. Plus, I want nothing over 14.1''

@ everyone else - dudes, what about notebookcheck??? They say HD 3000 is better! Is that because they're testing it on a faster CPU?

@ Vicky - you mean the HP, right?

OP
Z

zap

Broken In
I mean the Asus A53SJ.

Specification are good !

Nope, I'm not getting the Acer.

Guys, is there something I have missed which is better than the HP at the price? Or is the HP good enough?
Please reply quickly since I intend to go to the dealer and buy it in a few hours.

UPDATE: Please do note that I am not buying a gaming laptop; I'm just going to play say one game in two months! So accordingly please make your recommendations.

Does the Hp have greater battery life than others?
I intend to use this laptop for my research in the library for 2-3 hours at a stretch (will be using the internet on wi-fi and MS word. Will it's battery be up to it?

OP
Z

zap

Broken In
Oops! Sorry 'bout that!

But like I said, I'm not buying this thing.

It's either the HP or the Sony VPCEG45. Which of these is better? And whose battery lasts longer?

OP
Z

zap

Broken In
I looked around the website, but they have not mentioned prices of the probooks.
Do you know them? I read priceindia - none is cheaper than 40k

UPDATE: HP G42-478TX Notebook PC (LN357PA) specifications - HP Home & Home Office products
Not this one? :(

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I looked around the website, but they have not mentioned prices of the probooks.
Do you know them? I read priceindia - none is cheaper than 40k

UPDATE: HP G42-478TX Notebook PC (LN357PA) specifications - HP Home & Home Office products
Not this one? :(

checkout here

Laptops & Netbook PCs | HP® Official Store

Btw where do u live?

OP
Z

zap

Broken In
The laptop I mentioned is not in this...
Is the probook's battery longer lasting???

And how's the Sony???
This one:
Flipkart.com: Sony VAIO E Series VPCEA45FG: Computer

Top Bottom