Will this game run on this configuration?

gameranand

Living to Play
meetdenis said:
I have not OCed though...somehow just not confident enough of doing that
Don't do that unless you have to. Its safe to use at default clocks. Although I OC my card when I play games and at other time its at default clock.

rahul_c

Journeyman
I have Dell Vostro 1510 with 1.8 GHz C2D processor, 2 GB DDR2 RAM, 250 GB 5400 RPM HDD & integrated G31 graphics.
Any game that will work on this, I like all type of games.

gameranand

Living to Play
Try some old games that were released back in like 2005 - 2006. They should run fine.
Try FarCry, Half Life 2, NFS MW, NFS Underground 2, Mafia, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Pandora's Tomorrow, Doom 3. There are many more but these are one of the best and I have left out many games coz I can't remember right now.

rahul_c

Journeyman
^Thanks I will try Splinter Cell for now, will get back to you guys after completing it. It will not take long :cool:

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Like I said old games will run fine on your system... As a matter of fact all games support this graphics but the thing is not all of em will run at decent fps.
What genre you like most??? I will give you some names of games of that genre that should run fine on your PC.

gameranand

Living to Play
In Racing
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
Need For Speed Underground 2
Need For Speed Most Wanted

In Puzzles
Braid
Supermeat boy
Bejeweled 2 & 3.

In TPS
Maxpayne 1 & 2
Total Overdose
Mafia (Its a kind of Sandbox Game)

rahul_c

Journeyman
^I have played most of these. games I have not played are in puzzle section. Suggest more TPS & racing - I like Total Overdose types or Stealth types like Hitman. In racing is there any other series than NFS?

gameranand

Living to Play
In Racing

Carmegeddon
Carmageddon 2: Carpocalypse Now
Test Drive
Colin McRae Rally
Toca Race Driver 3

In TPS & FPS

Hidden and Dangerous Series
Battlefield Serie
Freedom Fighters
Armed & Dangerous

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah it is...There is a separate thread for this game. You can share your views about this game there. :)
Here is the link
Splinter Cell Discussion

I have a SapphireHD6850 and planning to buy MafiaII & Metro2033.
I wanna know how many fraps I can expect to get on 1280x1024 & 1600x900res maxed out.
I have two monitors(a samsung20" & a 17"crt monitor).
Currently using the 17"CRT as other one is with my friend.

gameranand

Living to Play
StrYker_BLACK_E said:
I have a SapphireHD6850 and planning to buy MafiaII & Metro2033.
I wanna know how many fraps I can expect to get on 1280x1024 & 1600x900res maxed out.
I have two monitors(a samsung20" & a 17"crt monitor).
Currently using the 17"CRT as other one is with my friend.
You would get more than playable fps even on max settings in most of the games at that resolution. Hmm...fps actually depends on games so can't comment on that but you'll be able to play any game at max setting for sure. :)

The Griffin

Right off the assembly line
I tried installing AOE3 but there 's a problem with the installation .

InstallShield
1607 : Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime .

Anybody has suggestions what to do?
My PC configuration
I have 1gb ram and 256mb in-built graphics . Please help me solve this problem .

Guys, I bought the two games today...MafiaII & Metro 2033.
I'm getting 71-85fps in mafia2 on 1280x1024 maxed settings
but in metro2033, I'm getting only 36 max and the frame rate drops to 21.
I've reinstalled catalyst drivers 11.5,updated the game,closed all background apps avira antivir n zonealarm firewall but theres no performance gain.
Please tell me what should i do...

gameranand

Living to Play
Well Metro 2033 is quite a resource hungry game so you have to bear with that. But you can always optimize your PC for a better performance. Like Defragment, Cleaning registry. defragment registry, etc. :)

Well Metro 2033 is quite a resource hungry game so you have to bear with that. But you can always optimize your PC for a better performance. Like Defragment, Cleaning registry. defragment registry, etc. :)
Yup,i did that too...but man,this is so boring. thought metro2033 would be a piece of cake for hd6850 on a 17inch monitors res:shock:.I guess i'll have to lower down the settings a bit then.
but anyway,thank you for your suggestion and also to thetechfreak.

GeeNeeYes

powerd ↻ pramod
Which games will run on my pc? I know most of the recent games. Prefer roleplaying/racing/sim/fps/strategy genre.
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600
Motherboard: Intel DH67BL
Memory: GSkill Ripjaws F3 12800CL9D 4GBRL
Graphics card(s): MSI R5450-MD1GH 1GB DDR3
CPU-Z URL: CPU-Z Validator 3.1

Last edited:
Top Bottom