Will this game run on this configuration?

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Can MAfia run on this cOnfig.......??
P4 1.6Ghz, XP SP2, 256MB RAM, 32MB VRAM, Intel i845 mainboard...??
Thanx.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Stalker said:
SA runs OK on 845 / 865 (if thats ur Mobo).
btw, if i remember correctly, GTA:SA takes abt 4.3+ GB space, u r going to have to merge two of ur partitions.
GTA SA requires atleast PS 1.1
845 and 865 don't have any.

REY619 said:
Can MAfia run on this cOnfig.......??
P4 1.6Ghz, XP SP2, 256MB RAM, 32MB VRAM, Intel i845 mainboard...??
Thanx.
U should atleast go for 512 MB if u wish to run mafia as it consumes a lot of ram due to its large environment.I once ran mafia on such config,yes with 256MB ram.

Last edited:

fallin_a

finding a way out !!!
pIV 2.4 ghz
865gbf
1gb ddr
(no graphix card)

is it possible to play half life 2 n doom 2/3 in dis config...

plz tel me games of combat/shootin sort compatible wit abov config. intrstd in fast ones, but hate max payne, hitman typezzz... i prefer somethin of de sort of freedom fighters or around it... im jus enterin into gamin world, so #$#$#@

plz suggest...

New_Gamer

Broken In
Hi Again, :cool:

I am thinking to buy *Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix*. Will this game run smoothly on my system? :)

My System Specs:
Processor: Pentium 4, 1.8GHz
RAM: 512MB
Hard Drive: 80GB
Graphics Card: 4x AGP 3D nVIDIA TNT2 M64, 32MB videoRAM
DirectX: 8.1

Stalker

Padawan
New_Gamer said:
Hi Again, :cool:

I am thinking to buy *Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix*. Will this game run smoothly on my system? :)

My System Specs:

well, i've played SOF2 with that same card, almost same proccy(P4 1.6) & 384 mb RAM..........@ medium settings......quite smooth.
But the game is one of the longest i've played....2 CDs but 51 Levels!!!

Harvik780 said:
GTA SA requires atleast PS 1.1
845 and 865 don't have any.
Are u sure?? i remember my friend playing it on his 845...:confused: & some others playing it on 865...

Last edited:

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
I want to run few games like:

NFS UG 2
GTA SA
NFS MW

The Configuration is:

AMD Sempron 2800+ 1.6 GHz, 256 KB L2 Cache
512 MB DDR 400 MHz RAM
OnBoard Graphics with 64 MB (Via)

I Dont want any eye candy, i want them to rum smooth.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Stalker said:
Are u sure?? i remember my friend playing it on his 845...:confused: & some others playing it on 865...
Minimum requirement for GTA SA is Geforce 3 which has pixel shader 1.1 as standard.

My internet connection is having a lot of problems.Is always down during eves and mornings.

New_Gamer

Broken In
Stalker said:
well, i've played SOF2 with that same card, almost same proccy(P4 1.6) & 384 mb RAM..........@ medium settings......quite smooth.
But the game is one of the longest i've played....2 CDs but 51 Levels!!!

Hi Stalker,

It's hard to find someone who has/had the same old card. Would it be too much to ask if you could post a list of the FPS/Action Games you played on your system with TNT2 card. I mean only the old classics games. Thanks in advance.

Reminder:
I've already played: Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Max Payne, IL2 Sturmovik.

Stalker

Padawan
New_Gamer said:
Hi Stalker,

It's hard to find someone who has/had the same old card. Would it be too much to ask if you could post a list of the FPS/Action Games you played on your system with TNT2 card. I mean only the old classics games. Thanks in advance.

Reminder:
I've already played: Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Max Payne, IL2 Sturmovik.

1. Max Payne 2 @ low....YES! it works......i had completed that game using the TNT2 :D
2. MOHAA : Breakthrough (3rd expansion to MOHAA) ...worked smoothly, never tried Spearhead(2nd Expansion), but i guess it should work smoothly
3. Delta Force : Black Hawk Down @ low
4. Unreal Tournament ......UT2003 looks faded.
5. Quake 3 Arena / Team Arena
6. Warcraft 3 & Frozen Throne (strategy)
7. Commanche 4
8. NFS 6 : Hot pursuit 2
9. Half-Life 2 @ minimum.....5-20 fps normally, so i expect EP1 also to work.
10. Freedom Fighters
11. Deus Ex
12. Hitman : Silent Assassin
13. Project IGI : i'm going in
14. Rainbow Six 3 : Raven shield (Not sure, but mostly i think i've played it on the TNT2) // But Rainbow Six 1,2 work fine..
15. Ghost Recon (The first one)
16. GTA : Vice City
17. LOTR: Fellowship of the ring (Not sure)
18. Rise of Nations
19. Spiderman 2

will add more if i remember:) ...

Last edited:

omdhar

Broken In
I have my system based on
C2D E4300,
ASUS P5B-MX/wifi,
Kingston valueram 1 GB DDR2-667,
400 W Powersafe SMPS.

I use integrated graphics memory of 256 MB. My mobo(Intel 946GZ chipset) supports Intel GMA 3000 which has Pixel Shader 2.0, Vertex Shader 3.0 (software) & Open GL 1.4 and no Hardware Transform & Lighting.

Can anyone suggest me of some good race & action games for my pc.

shashank4u

Youngling
omdhar said:
I have my system based on
C2D E4300,
ASUS P5B-MX/wifi,
Kingston valueram 1 GB DDR2-667,
400 W Powersafe SMPS.

I use integrated graphics memory of 256 MB. My mobo(Intel 946GZ chipset) supports Intel GMA 3000 which has Pixel Shader 2.0, Vertex Shader 3.0 (software) & Open GL 1.4 and no Hardware Transform & Lighting.

Can anyone suggest me of some good race & action games for my pc.

You can start with NFS series,Farcry,POP Series

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
Hey guys can u tell me one thing......

I had this configuration

Intel Celeron D 2.26 ghz
512 MB DDR 400 mhz
80 Gb Seagate Barracuda Sata HardDisk
INtel D865GVHZ motherboard

One of my friends Had an ECS P4m800m MOBO And 128 Mb/128 Bit Geforce Fx 5200
He offered to exchange my intel mobo for the above mobo and agp card both ause he had a typical fascination for intel brand name... hehe

his board n agp card are in perfect working condition and i have overclocked the card to 350 mhz core, 1050 mhz memory...

Now what i wanna know is that was my earlier integrated grafix better than this card ??? i dont think so but considereing the fact that u guys mention so many games that work woth those onboard grafix but none with my geforce FX 5200...

so i think that i did not do much good exchanging it...

or have i misunderstood?

can u guys please mention some titles that work at bearable frame rates with my card.... i wont waste money on something that doesnt work on mine...

Also can u give me a link to the specifications of intel onboard grafix core speed ,etc..... so that i can compare my earlier IGP with the AGP

New_Gamer

Broken In
Stalker said:
1. Max Payne 2 @ low....YES! it works......i had completed that game using the TNT2 :D
2. MOHAA : Breakthrough (3rd expansion to MOHAA) ...worked smoothly, never tried Spearhead(2nd Expansion), but i guess it should work smoothly
3. Delta Force : Black Hawk Down @ low
4. Unreal Tournament ......UT2003 looks faded.
5. Quake 3 Arena / Team Arena
6. Warcraft 3 & Frozen Throne (strategy)
7. Commanche 4
8. NFS 6 : Hot pursuit 2
9. Half-Life 2 @ minimum.....5-20 fps normally, so i expect EP1 also to work.
10. Freedom Fighters
11. Deus Ex
12. Hitman : Silent Assassin
13. Project IGI : i'm going in
14. Rainbow Six 3 : Raven shield (Not sure, but mostly i think i've played it on the TNT2) // But Rainbow Six 1,2 work fine..
15. Ghost Recon (The first one)
16. GTA : Vice City
17. LOTR: Fellowship of the ring (Not sure)
18. Rise of Nations
19. Spiderman 2

will add more if i remember:) ...

Thank you so much for the time you have taken to make that list. I should remind you for about couple of games you listed. Max Payne 2 requires DirectX 9.0 even for Minimum Requirements (which I don't have). And, GTA: Vice City (Same Thing). As for Half Life 2, you mentioned to play it at minimum of 5-20 fps. How do you set your system for that?

Again, Thank you!

My System Specs:

clmlbx

Technomancer
Can I Play This Games :-

Nfs Carbon
Gta Sa
Madden 08
Spiderman 3

Can Any 1 Recommend Good Action Game

SYSTEM Specs :-

Core2duo E4300
1 Gb Ddr2 Ram
Intel Org 946gzis
On Board 256 Mb Vram

Last edited:

Stalker

Padawan
New_Gamer said:
Thank you so much for the time you have taken to make that list. I should remind you for about couple of games you listed. Max Payne 2 requires DirectX 9.0 even for Minimum Requirements (which I don't have). And, GTA: Vice City (Same Thing).

well, install DirectX 9.0c. I had done the same when using the TNT2.

New_Gamer said:
As for Half Life 2, you mentioned to play it at minimum of 5-20 fps. How do you set your system for that?

well i said
"Half-Life 2 @ minimum.....5-20 fps normally"

I meant i played HL2 at minimum detail at abt 5-20 fps (poor performance especially outdoors), but remember i played HL2 with 256 MB 133Mhz SDRAM, so in your case there will definitely be a performance boost.

@bikdel

FX 5200 is wayyyyyy better than the crappy 865 integrated gfx

Last edited:

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
guys can you give me a link to the list of all games playable on GEFORCE FX 5200?? plz im dyin to buy games but not sure which will work

Stalker

Padawan
bikdel said:
guys can you give me a link to the list of all games playable on GEFORCE FX 5200?? plz im dyin to buy games but not sure which will work

I also happened to have a FX5200 on my other system:D
which genre are u interested in?? (racing / fps / sports etc..)

1. Half-life 2 & EP1
2. Quake 4 & Doom 3
3. NFS:MW & NFS:C(shader detail at low, no motion blur in Carbon)
4. Call of Duty 2
5. F.E.A.R. (Make sure u turn the 'DX8 Shaders' option on)
6. Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory (dont try Double Agent though)
7. FarCry
8. Halo
..................................etc ....

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
thanx.... im intrested in FPS like quake, n doom..... n happy that quake 4 n doom 3 work......

do these games work at a minimum of 800*600 resolution?..
besides i have overclocked my card to 350 mhz from 250mhz.....

i liked the F.E.A.R trailer too but dint know that it would work.....

New_Gamer

Broken In
Stalker said:
well, install DirectX 9.0c. I had done the same when using the TNT2.

Hi Stalker,

Is there any way I could install DirectX 9.0b from other game to my system and still use it for other games, even after uninstalling that same game that DirectX 9.0b came from, for my system. Will it work by any chance? Or is it that it's ONLY included to play that same game DirectX 9.0b came with? The reason I'm asking is because I have a Modem 56K and downloading it from the Microsoft would take forever. Thanks for any comments :)

My System Specs:

Top Bottom