Will this game run on this configuration?

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Laptop,
128MB Nvidia GPU,
2GB RAM,
1.8GHz CORE 2 DUO.

Which popular shooting game (first-person or third-person) will run on this configuration. I have played Hitman-all parts except Absolution, Call of Duty 1 & 2, Total Overdose, Max Payne 1 & 2, GTA 3, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, Medal Of Honour -Allied Assault, Counter Strike, The Matrix-Path of Neo, Constantine, Harry Potter 3, Tomb raider Angel of darkness, Tomb Raider anniversary.

gameranand

Living to Play
Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe series
Doom 3
Half Life series
Portal series
Resident Evil series
Mafia 1
Silent Hill series

If you like Indie games then all Indie games will run on your PC. If you like to get a start then TDF PC Game Suggestion Thread v2.0 use this thread as your guide for Indie games.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Re: Which popular shooting games will run on this configuration?

Try splintercell series and tom clancy's rainbow series

yeah man.. have splinter cell double agent, and played rainbow six vegas... very tough game this rainbow series ...
i love stealth games and splinter cell is best for me .... gonna play that one

heidi2521

Padawan

Quake series & Doom series, the only FPSs worth playing for the shooting itself.

Mods, can you merge this thread with the sticky one?

gameranand

Living to Play

Guys OP has already posted in the Sticky thread. Please continue suggestion there. :)

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
For a comparison, I'm saying that when I run a game in high priority and in high performance battery mode, I get good enough results for FarCry 1 & 2, POP: The forgotten sands. They run very well, to my satisfaction.
GTA IV runs somewhat fine after high-prioritizing it.
NFS: The run runs at a low amount of framerate... some 20-25 or so I think. Not satisfactory at all.
Coming to my question, will these three games: "Tomb Raider Reboot, FarCry 3+ The Lost Expeditions and Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012"

run smoothly on my laptop which has the following specs: Dell Inspiron 15R:

Core i5 3210M running at 2.5 Ghz Dual Core Setup (Turbo @ 3.1 Ghz), 4 GB RAM, Win7 original, 1366x768 pixels, 1 GB AMD Graphics,

In long, these are the full specs of my lappy: Dell New Inspiron 15R Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB/ 1GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com

BUMP!! Guys, you forgot my query... :(

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Laptop,
128MB Nvidia GPU,
2GB RAM,
1.8GHz CORE 2 DUO.

Which popular shooting game (first-person or third-person) will run on this configuration. I have played Hitman-all parts except Absolution, Call of Duty 1 & 2, Total Overdose, Max Payne 1 & 2, GTA 3, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, Medal Of Honour -Allied Assault, Counter Strike, The Matrix-Path of Neo, Constantine, Harry Potter 3, Tomb raider Angel of darkness, Tomb Raider anniversary.

RTCW, Undying, BloodRayne 1, Call of Cthulhu, Nosfeartu - The wrath of Malalchi.

Hrishi

Hey guys , where do I find that what Graphic settings ( like Anti-Aliasing , Texture Filtering , Ambient Occlusion , etc, etc ) will make consderable difference at loss of how much performance.

Can somebody point me to a decent guide for the same ??

gameranand

Living to Play
Usually AA or any type of AA makes a difference but there are so many of them that you have understand properly their advantage and disadvantages. Also new things comes every now and then like Tess-FX hair came this year with new Tomb Raider. Usually any extra thing other than the conventional one gives a big hit on performance. :)

Hrishi

Usually AA or any type of AA makes a difference but there are so many of them that you have understand properly their advantage and disadvantages. Also new things comes every now and then like Tess-FX hair came this year with new Tomb Raider. Usually any extra thing other than the conventional one gives a big hit on performance. :)
Yeah , I read about that Tomb Raider one , where the hair seems pretty much realistic. :p
BTW , are there any guides you have come across that provide optimal settings for various games ???? I read somewhere about Nvidia profile , but haven't used it yet.

gameranand

Living to Play
Actually its more like trial and test. You have to try and test which settings works best for any particular games. One setting which is favorable for performance might not be much of a use in some other games. So its better to try different setting. I mean it does not take much of effort anyway. You just ave to fiddle around settings for half an hour I guess to get the optimal settings for any particular game anyway. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah , I read about that Tomb Raider one , where the hair seems pretty much realistic. :p
BTW , are there any guides you have come across that provide optimal settings for various games ???? I read somewhere about Nvidia profile , but haven't used it yet.

look at the above post and as it all depends on the the gpu you have writing an universal guide for all gfx card is a hard task to do . say one has HD7770 and another has HD7970 .. so one people play a particular game with optimized settings for his gfx card and another can play with every thing maxed out and sometime even a single powerful gpu may not be enough for some games. SO trial and test is the best method .. I still remember playing Quake 4 with only 256 MB system memory though the minimum requirement was 512 MB ;-)

almightier

Right off the assembly line

You play FPS game and haven't played Far Cry yet?

thinkjamil

Journeyman
Will GR future soldier multiplayer work on internet speed like 50-120 KBps ? I'm on aircel 3G , and do get much higher rates but still lets calculate on these speeds.
And how much data usage per hour would it cost?

Do you expect Watch Dog run to smoothly on i5 2nd gen, radeon 6490M, 4 GB RAM ? at-least and at-most 1366x768 res.
Crysis 3 ran okay but Sniper 2 was a bit lagging.

Top Bottom