Will the Big Bang test end the world on Wednesday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^ That forum deserves the $10 for registration, with abso-friggin'-lutely awesomely wicked sh!t like that.

Anyways, guys check this ut for pics of the LHC, BANDWIDTH WARNING.

*www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/08/the_large_hadron_collider.html

I have read abt it in Resnik Halliday (while solving numericals...lolz).

This thing is a visual treat, frikkin amazing.

But benefit of doubt will be never entertained if so ever, for we wont be living to sue back...lolz. Anyway it could be good or bad depending upon the 4 coordinate states.

But attention *hores need to be sanitized. People shouldn't make a godzilla of every tiny bit.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Anybody ready to bet ??

Me : World will not end...
Another : World will end...

Bet of Rs.1K only... :)

If world ends, I'll give 1K rupees... n if NOT, then YOU should give me Rs. 1K :D

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
You are lucky to find a guy to bet with who thinks that the world will end!!!
The world won't end, and even if it does, he won't be there to receive the cash :-D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Its not only you, but a lot of people don't give a sh!t. For one thing, it might just drive a death nail into the very heart of some of their "alternative theories". One more GAP will be plugged and it is not good news for GOD OF GAPs.

So let me get this right...
Specimen dying in a genetic experiment (read BIOLOGY experiment) = World destruction due to LHC (read PHYSICS experiment).

WOW....thats really really really deep. And please read those papers

As you wish sire, you words are carving on stones...lolz
Your interpretations are absolute...lolz

If it weren't for the science. I would have never thought of playing a game Shadow of Chernobyl...lolz

Of course nothing like world's end will happen, earth is a tough survivor till now.

Just a small link for you too:
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Slotin

About those genetic experiments - yeah, they could not make Godzilla available in pet shops.
The day they will....eat your humble pie

Last edited:

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
To bring some tech talk into this..,

I hope it doesn't run on Windows :p

Worldwide, the LHC computing grid will be comprised of about 20,000 servers, primarily running the Linux operating system. Scientists at Tier-2 sites can access these servers remotely when running complex experiments based on LHC data, Pordes says. If scientists need a million CPU hours to run an experiment overnight, the distributed nature of the grid allows them to access that computing power from any part of the worldwide network, she says. With the help of Tier-1 sites such as Brookhaven, the goal is to make using the grid just as easy for universities as using their own internal networks, according to Pordes.

Source : *168hours.wordpress.com/2008/08/10/10-coolest-devices-running-linux/

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
Even if a black hole was formed it wud be tiny enough and wudn't gobble up the earth fully at least not all at once . So just chill out unless u have a spaceship or a timemachine . And watch the birth of a black hole in ur celestial backyard here *webcast.cern.ch/

If I really Say, I am Bit Feared of this News...
yaar Meri Shaadi Bhi Nahi hui hai...Kal Mein Mar jaaunga..very Sad :(

Mera website, Mera Doctor banne Ka sapna Sab Khatam...Aab mein kya karu..
Mein Mar jaunga...Bhai ye Experimend karwa Do yaar...

mein Zeena Chata hu

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
To bring some tech talk into this..,

I hope it doesn't run on Windows :p

Source : *168hours.wordpress.com/2008/08/10/10-coolest-devices-running-linux/
i would say a kernel panic should occur and lets see the unknown in all glory

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^devices ?? umm....arr some elements or matter ! or may be something Karnivore can better explain or the scientists working there.

karnivore

in your face..
As you wish sire, you words are carving on stones...lolz
Your interpretations are absolute...lolz

If it weren't for the science. I would have never thought of playing a game Shadow of Chernobyl...lolz

Of course nothing like world's end will happen, earth is a tough survivor till now.

Just a small link for you too:
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Slotin
My interpretations are not absolute. But I don't go looking for alternative theories just for the heck of it, or because it clears my bowls in the morning.

You are again making the same mistake that you made in another thread. What human does with scientific knowledge is not fault of science. You are having a hard time making the distinction between "quest for knowledge" and "application of that knowledge"

If it weren't for the science. You would have never thought of playing a game Shadow of Chernobyl... on a "computer"...lolz.
About those genetic experiments - yeah, they could not make Godzilla available in pet shops.
The day they will....eat your humble pie
Either you don't understand sarcasm or you choose not to.

This LHC is either going to prove that we are in right direction or the entire physics book is to be rewritten. The chances of the latter are slim...but you never know. But what irritates me most is that instead of celebrating the human genius behind LHC, some people are actually nitpicking.

Some of us do not know, that some vital chips were supplied by Shaha Institute of Nuclear physics, Kolkata.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
If it weren't for the science. You would have never thought of playing a game Shadow of Chernobyl... on a "computer"...lolz.
lolz
This LHC is either going to prove that we are in right direction or the entire physics book is to be rewritten. The chances of the latter are slim...but you never know. But what irritates me most is that instead of celebrating the human genius behind LHC, some people are actually nitpicking.

Some of us do not know, that some vital chips were supplied by Shaha Institute of Nuclear physics, Kolkata.

Yep, i appreciate science and all other boons. But anything in excess will sure be balls to boons.

If now I say that religion is not bad then it wont be an understatement. Its the people who exploited it.

And did i say that everything is science but science is not what some people think.

You got the first sarcasm but failed to get this ?

Last edited:

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Hey Pessimists, happy now? Everyones alive! The LHC will only give us lots of data on the creation of the universe and will help in refining of the unification theory! Go Science!

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
And it won't kill anyone whenever it happens. Aren't the words of the world's best scientists, CERN, UN Several Courts of law enough? I had even calculated the energy the collision will emit it was something like 9.something x10^21 Joules. Then, I calculated the energy that 6.022x10^23 particles/molecules/atoms (1 mole) of helium would absorb(using the Specific Heat Capacity of Helium(which would be kept at 2 K(-271degreeC)). I found it to be about 8.somethingx10^27ish Joules. And they've got large Helium tanks on that LHC. This means that extra energy released by the simulation of Big Bang can be taken care of. That ends it for the big-final-blast theories. As for those pesky black holes, they will be so small(category-microblackholes) that they won't even have an event horizon big enough to do any damage. And they can't grow if they've got nothing to attract!

^ That forum deserves the $10 for registration, with abso-friggin'-lutely awesomely wicked sh!t like that.
That stuff aint sh- thingy, dude! It's golden.
@karnivore, Offtopic: Nice analysis dude! I personally support rewriting of the physics books(I'm not a steady-state supporter).
Note- I had kept the calculations very precise but I neither deny nor accept errors(I'm not overconfident). So relax, sit back and enjoy the unification of 3 forces of the universe!

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I am not saying that the world will come to an end and call those who say so idiots. But, just that the LHC had a test run doesn't mean you start saying:
Hey Pessimists, happy now? Everyones alive! The LHC will only give us lots of data on the creation of the universe and will help in refining of the unification theory! Go Science!
Simply 'coz the collision hasn't occurred yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom