Will mobile gaming kill consoles and PC?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^
*i.imgur.com/D5ygJxO.jpg

tv and controller not far from reach of mobiles
mobile games are sharing space with console and pc titles, on those platforms

rest of the fight is against moore's law. loving something so much wont save it...

there has to be something between the tv and the controller... maybe a device without a sim card, but it will still be very portable

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
^
*i.imgur.com/D5ygJxO.jpg

rest of the fight is against moore's law. loving something so much wont save it...

there has to be something between the tv and the controller... maybe a device without a sim card, but it will still be very portable

I Will Die A Master Race!!!!!!!!!!
Not ally with some Inglorious peasant basterd and then have the Logo of the Master Race carved into my scalp! :x

Piyush

Lanaya
None of them is going to replace each other. They both gonna work it out in parallel .
Mobile gaming is best on traveling and related circumstances. PC and console on the other hand gives the satisfaction to one in getting deep and lost into the game.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
None of them is going to replace each other. They both gonna work it out in parallel .
Mobile gaming is best on traveling and related circumstances. PC and console on the other hand gives the satisfaction to one in getting deep and lost into the game.

Disagree. Many mobile games are there where you can get deep and lost. Check out Trainyard. Best puzzler i have every played

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar

Pick a side.Dont sit on the fence.

Piyush

Lanaya
Well my bad, I should have mentioned the games like Torchlight, Warcraft, etc where the point to point click is of major concern

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^yep, so thats keyboard and mouse as input device, not desktop computer per se
Imo mobile is killing it because the content does not age. People still play and enjoy KOTOR without worrying about which year it released.
Also, Deus Ex The Fall

Also 6 of top 15 metacritic ratings for 2012 are iOS releases, more than any other platform
Top 2 are iOS
Mobile wins in terms of quality as well

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Imo mobile is killing it because the content does not age. People still play and enjoy KOTOR without worrying about which year it released.
Also, Deus Ex The Fall

Also 6 of top 15 metacritic ratings for 2012 are iOS releases, more than any other platform
Top 2 are iOS

1.Check the user score of those games
2.Metacritic top 10 games of all time.

Piyush

Lanaya
Also, Deus Ex The Fall

Top 2 are iOS

Hmm... that way it makes me think that its better to say that gaming is sectored. There are many (including me to some games) who have no issues while gaming on mobile devices.
Where as the other community wants to get all out of the game with their desktop and consoles (that big display with surround sound and tapping keys like maniac .

So, ya, I still am unsure about the upcoming impact mobile device may have on stationary gaming devices, if any.

gameranand

Living to Play
Disagree. Many mobile games are there where you can get deep and lost. Check out Trainyard. Best puzzler i have every played

There are Some mobile games which are deep and there are many PC games that are so much deep. :twisted:

I'm saying what I think is right. Do I have to follow the mass? :|

No you don't. I agree with you both will work in parallel, none will replace the other. :)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I own a mobile and PC, and for me, playing Dead Trigger in mobile is not equal to playing Dead Island in my PC. Both gave me different experience and i am sure i don't want to play 6 hours stretch in mobile. Like FC3, where i played 8 hrs straight in PC, i seriously doubt i will do the same with Mobile.

So, both works parallel but target audiences are what makes difference. For me, mobile will never replace the intense gaming experience i get from PC. Period.

snap

Lurker
^
*i.imgur.com/D5ygJxO.jpg

eventually it will be called a microconsole like ouya instead of a mobile phone

btw
anyone read this piece of news MadCatz puts Tegra 4-powered M.O.J.O Android game console on pre-order for $250 - GSMArena Blog

gameranand

Living to Play
Any new console will have a hard time competing with the existing consoles, also to make a console popular it needs developer attention and getting that attention is not a walk in the park. :)

Top Bottom