Will it run AERO??? ... Vista users help plz...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jal_desai

In the zone
Display: 17.0” Widescreen Colour TFT
Video: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M; Up to 287 MB

this is the video configuration of a HP Pavilion DV9601 laptop... they are giving Vista Home Premium... and we all know tht Home Premium has the Aero effect (unlike home basic) and for running it we shud have minimum of 128 MB Graphics Card... i m confused because the above mentioned card is 287 MB .. but it's shared!!.so will it be capable enough to run Aero? ... now if they are giving this OS then it MUST be capable of running its all features including AERO. but i m doubting it.. i donno why but plz plz guide me guys... will it run Aero???

i am planning to buy it but if i m unable to see aero then i think i'll miss something good...

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
go to the HP store and ask the salesman for a demo. i suggest you to check out on store itself if the aero effect is displayed on the machine before buying it.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Yes Aero Supposedly should run easily on a 7150 GO. Hell it should run on a 6150 onboard display.

chicha

High without substance...
why run Aero??
why Vista in the first place???

if you can avoid Vista please do so, it is not worth the money, insted you could buy a XP PRO which is 100 times better than Vista(as of now)..

spitfire

Gizmo Freak !
jal_desai said:
Display: 17.0” Widescreen Colour TFT
Video: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M; Up to 287 MB

this is the video configuration of a HP Pavilion DV9601 laptop... they are giving Vista Home Premium... and we all know tht Home Premium has the Aero effect (unlike home basic) and for running it we shud have minimum of 128 MB Graphics Card... i m confused because the above mentioned card is 287 MB .. but it's shared!!.so will it be capable enough to run Aero? ... now if they are giving this OS then it MUST be capable of running its all features including AERO. but i m doubting it.. i donno why but plz plz guide me guys... will it run Aero???

i am planning to buy it but if i m unable to see aero then i think i'll miss something good...

first of all your 7150 will run vista aero well and will give you vista aero experience index about 4.5..so its fine there

On the other hand it doesnt have 287 mb video ram..it just says that you may configuire it to have upto 287mb of system ram to be used as video ram.

Just set it to 128mb and vista will run fine

OP
jal_desai

jal_desai

In the zone
spitfire said:
first of all your 7150 will run vista aero well and will give you vista aero experience index about 4.5..so its fine there

On the other hand it doesnt have 287 mb video ram..it just says that you may configuire it to have upto 287mb of system ram to be used as video ram.

Just set it to 128mb and vista will run fine

thnks everyone and spitfire you too... but how do i configure it (or set it to 128 MB)?? ... can u give me the procedure??

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
jal_desai said:
thnks everyone and spitfire you too... but how do i configure it (or set it to 128 MB)?? ... can u give me the procedure??

Use it without any configuration. The obvoard gfx will automatically share as much video RAM required from the maximum available of 287 MB

OP
jal_desai

jal_desai

In the zone
^ ok.. tht's fine...any more sugesstions.. coz i m buying another laptop.. not as my prevoius one... though i have looked for the best specs, yet u all ppl suggest me anything good..!!!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Hey Charan (and also chicha) has an HP laptop with the same GFX (7150 IGP) and he says Aero is very sluggish. So he's disabled it. Just contact him for further info. He can give you an actual first hand experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom