Not open for further replies.

RaghavKanwal

Right off the assembly line
Hi

I am gonna upgrade my system to the following specifications:
2GB DDR2 Ram
2.4 Intel Core 2 duo
945 chipset Gigabyte motherboard

I'm also planning to buy an ASUS 512 MB graphic card.

Will this be enough to play crysis, bioshock and fallout like games on low resolutions and high details?

ToxinX

depends on what resolution you'll be playing in.

if you're gonna get a 512Mb GpU i suggest an 8800GT or a HD4850 (i use one), if you can stretch your budget a bit you might consider a HD4870, or if you are in a tight budget constraint, go for a 9600GT. (check up on HD4830 once though)

I would recommend AGAINST the 945GZ, go for a MSI P45 instead, they're good overclockers and have fine expansion possibilities,

2GB RAM is sufficient to run most games at 1280x1024, and Core2s are generally good overclockers.

A GPU is generally MORE important than your other components, but having poor CPU and RAM will bottleneck it and having a poor Mobo will in turn bottleneck your entire system.

You will also need a good PSU to run all that stuff, say a CM 600W or a Corsair 450VX. If you are a heavy downloader, i will also suggest a large HD, trust me you will NEED it before long. a 500GB cost my friend about 3 grand.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
avoid 945 chipsets.they'll be a huge bottleneck in overall sys perf.
if ur budget doesnt permit a P45 based mobo then atleast get a P31/P35 chipset based mobo.

OP
RaghavKanwal

RaghavKanwal

Hey I have 500 gigs. got it for the price of a 250 gig HD!!!!<thnx seagate :p>

Also, my budget does not allow me to add sumthing else..
So,i just need to know whether i can play the games at a resolution of 600 X 800<with fullscreen, of course> and high details.....

Thanks in advance.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Yup, and wich world r u in?
U want gaming, and u r seeing 945, u need specs man, high power that too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom