Will I go to Canon SX220HS?

hluachawngthu

Broken In
I am planning to buy Digital camera with a budget of INR 1.5k. I am looking for Canon SX220HS. I would be grateful if anyone could tell me about this model. Will I go for this? Please anyone advice.

sujoyp

Grand Master
go for it bro...it was costly before soo was not much recommended but now that price r fine its a great choice...
People say the button placement and menus r confusing but u will get used to it for sure.
It have all manual modes, 14x optical zoom

OP
hluachawngthu

hluachawngthu

Broken In
Thanks sujoyp. I have decided to go for this model. Here in my place it costs INR 15500/-. Initially I compare with Sony hx9v then I choose Canon.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Here is the conclusion of this review and it excels in all departments
Canon PowerShot SX220 HS Review - Conclusion | PhotographyBLOG

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I see good reviews on SX220. While comparing with HX9V it lacks few features like HDR, better no. in burst mode, wider angle lens and GPS. But still I feel SX220 is better... Read the manual...Kick the new year off...grab one for yourself

OP
hluachawngthu

hluachawngthu

Broken In
Hi! Hope you enjoy the very Christmas 2011. Let me put another query about the said model (Canon sx220hs). Which aspect ratios is better for shooting the image? It has four different ratios like 16:9, 4:3, 1:1 etc. Does this ratios determined the image quality? Further, the optical zoom of this model is very good. I'm very proud for choosing it. Thanks to the Canon...Have a blessed New year, 2012.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes there r many aspect ratios...
1:1 is square not quit good for photos

4:3 is mostly used in day-to-day life.. its a similar ratio to 5/7 , 4/6, 8/10 which we print....it also have the most area covered rather 16:9 or 1:1 which will crop the pic from top or sideways..

16:9 looks great while taking landscapes but I have noticed that it just decrease the resolution and crop the picture for ex - native resolution is 640x480 but wide resolution is 640x360 ....or 1440x1024 is general resolution wide is 1440x900 ..

I hope u r clear:) and its great that u r loving it ;)

OP
hluachawngthu

hluachawngthu

Broken In
yes there r many aspect ratios...
1:1 is square not quit good for photos

4:3 is mostly used in day-to-day life.. its a similar ratio to 5/7 , 4/6, 8/10 which we print....it also have the most area covered rather 16:9 or 1:1 which will crop the pic from top or sideways..

16:9 looks great while taking landscapes but I have noticed that it just decrease the resolution and crop the picture for ex - native resolution is 640x480 but wide resolution is 640x360 ....or 1440x1024 is general resolution wide is 1440x900 ..

I hope u r clear:) and its great that u r loving it ;)

Thank you sujoyp. As you've said, 4:3 is seems to be better than another ratios as the size it indicates 4000x3000.

abhidev

Human Spambot
hey guys..does this camera have an option to keep the subject in focus and blur the background??

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, it does blur the background while keep the main subject in focus. If you want a nice bokeh effect, keep background far from the main subject.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Yes, it does blur the background while keep the main subject in focus. If you want a nice bokeh effect, keep background far from the main subject.

Do u have a special mode in-built in the camera or you need apply the settings accordingly coz the sony cam has a special mode for such photos

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Abhi,
It has a scene mode called Miniature mode, it blurs top and bottom of the scene. You can also do it with manual settings.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, it does blurs top and bottom in miniature mode. But you can blur everything while keeping the subject sharp and clear with other settings. I haven't explored SX220 HS features. There may be a mode to blur as your Sony does...

abhidev

Human Spambot
Yes, it does blurs top and bottom in miniature mode. But you can blur everything while keeping the subject sharp and clear with other settings. I haven't explored SX220 HS features. There may be a mode to blur as your Sony does...

it should...coz its a nice feature to have...

OP
hluachawngthu

hluachawngthu

Broken In
Hay Nac,
Please tell me about can this model (Canon SX220HS) shoot a moving object. I am unable to find out settings for this mode.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
If you want to freeze the moving subject, shoot it with faster shutter speed. You can turn on Servo AF (this continuously adjust exposure and focus even after pressing shutter button halfway) and continuous AF. This will assist to get a better image.

OP
hluachawngthu

hluachawngthu

Broken In
Thanks a lot. In some camera there is a specific mode for capturing moving objects. As you've said, in this model, it is needed to set manually for taking moving objects. Thanks for giving tips.

Top Bottom