will going for a ps2 be better than going for a graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quan chi

mortal kombat
hi friends!!:smile:

well i am in a dillema.

should i opt for a ps2 or get a graphics card.

and can we connect ps2 with pc.

please give your suggestions.:smile:

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Depends on the money you have and wat you can afford in the future. If you can upgrade your graphics card every eight months or so, by all means go for a card. In case you want a more pocket friendly solution, you should opt for PS2.

ancientrites

In the zone
NO PC CONFIGURATION,NO TV SIZE MENTIONED NOTHING,NO BUDGET.how can anyone help you.heheheh...we will still help you to drain your wallet.if you have a latest pc with core 2 duo processor go for graphic card 8800gt.i dont like console games i dont find comfortable while playing fps or tps games its only good for wrestling games thats IMO.....

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
NO PC CONFIGURATION,NO TV SIZE MENTIONED NOTHING,NO BUDGET.how can anyone help you.heheheh...we will still help you to drain your wallet.if you have a latest pc with core 2 duo processor go for graphic card 8800gt.i dont like console games i dont find comfortable while playing fps or tps games its only good for wrestling games thats IMO.....

[sarcasm] That was very useful, thanks you. It's people like you that contribute to the quality of this forum. [/sarcasm]

Now that that's out of my system, @OP, I would say irrespective of your budget, go for a PS2. There are just too many games for that console that no gamer should even consider missing. I've owned 2 PS2s since launch, and no device has ever served me better.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
PS2 for sure.It sure as hell as gone down very cheap.Games just don't stop coming onto this console.Plus you'll will have a huge library behind it to cope up with.If you haven't gamed a lot on PS2 then this is your chance to go for it.A graphics card would be a bit dodgy depending on which one you opt for & what kind of gaming you are into.So if you want to save yourself the trouble & just pop in a DVD and rattle away then PS2 is the way to go.;)

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
well will tombraider underworld be released for ps2.

i like tombraider and prince of persia kinda games.

i know god of war is also there.but is there any chance of its(god of war2) release for pc version.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^TR:Underworld would be released on all platforms probably by December later this year.God Of War titles are developed by SCE & hence being a first party title I don't see it coming to PC.As Sony has a history of keeping it's first party titles heavily exclusive.If you are living in the hope of GOW making it's way to PC then my suggestion is DON'T.;-)

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
THANKS.FOR YOUR REPLY.well how is god of war2.is it like prince of persia type game.

Last edited:

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Actually u can never say wats better in pc and console.....both hav their own pros and cons.....major 'bad' in pc is u need to upgrade for good graphics for present games.....but good part is that u have extreme upgradability, thus new features in games.....in ps2 u cant upgrade so u have a limit line for graphics and u dont get the godly 'keyboard+mouse' combo..but good part is no need to put xtra money in upgrades..so choices are equally good

hullap

Cyborg Agent
Actually u can never say wats better in pc and console.....both hav their own pros and cons.....major 'bad' in pc is u need to upgrade for good graphics for present games.....but good part is that u have extreme upgradability, thus new features in games.....in ps2 u cant upgrade so u have a limit line for graphics and u dont get the godly 'keyboard+mouse' combo..but good part is no need to put xtra money in upgrades..so choices are equally good
Who says , i played Splinter Cell with my usb mouse and keyboard.(i stumbled across that site:twisted:)

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
well most people complains that playing games like gta is really annoying when it comes to ps2.

ancientrites

In the zone
quan chi i apologise for my rudely approach 2 my previous post.but i bet once u buy ps2 starting you will like it but later you have to be sorry for yourself.This same thing happened 2 one of my cousin.Now he owns high end pc configuration and also xbox360.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
can i plug ps2 in pc ??
You mean to get the display of your PS2 on your PC monitor? Of course you can.All you'll need is a TV Tuner card with support for composite cables.You can then switch to it's AV mode & get your PS2's display on it's monitor.A word of advise though,try to hook it up with a TV as it would be an ideal choice over PC monitor.I am planning to pick up this console in a few days.Can't wait to get my grubby hands on God Of War.:D

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
quan chi i apologise for my rudely approach 2 my previous post.but i bet once u buy ps2 starting you will like it but later you have to be sorry for yourself.This same thing happened 2 one of my cousin.Now he owns high end pc configuration and also xbox360.

i have heard game pads becomes irritating when playing fps games.
well that means consoles are not that much good.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Depends completely on how comfortable you find the controller to be with FPS games.It's only a matter of getting used to aiming with controller rather than keyboard & mouse.I have seen many people who were PC gamers & after getting Xbox 360 or any other console have become very comfortable with FPS games on it.I personally couldn't aim straight in Project Snowblind & Black which were the only 2 FPS games for PS2 that I laid my hands on.But then again I don't care much about FPS being played on PS2 as for that I have my PC.

You'll have host of other titles besides the FPS genre to feast your hands on the PS2.Considering that you'll have a good time with the PS2.I was researching on a couple of must buy games for the PS2 the other day & found that there were so much more than FPS on this console.You'll have survival horror games like Forbidden Siren,Clock Tower,Fatal Frame & Silent Hill series.Awesome platformers like Ratchet & Clank series & Jak series.The almighty WWE Smackdown titles.Mortal Kombat Armageddon which is only available on PS2,Wii & Xbox.God of War which needs no introduction.Tekken & Virtua Fighter for arcade combat action.Ace Combat series which again are great flight combat games.Can't ignore Burnout series now,can we? ;) And the list won't end.You'll have host of other titles to go for.

Don't merely judge it by it's weakness on FPS games controls.It still has a long life & isn't dead yet unlike the original Xbox.:)

radonryder

Broken In
well a year back i would have recommended the ps2....
but now in a long run a graphics card would be a better invesment...
but in the end it comes down to what games you are interested in playing

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well I just got myself a new Playstation 2 & trust me if you say it's dead then that's total garbage.For me it's very much alive & kickin.From the day I have got it PC gaming is on a standby.GOW just made every other hack & slash game look like panzies.Heck even Prince could take a lesson or two from Kratos.:D

With the amount I spent on it I could have easily got a 9600GT but delayed my graphic card purchase as this seemed to be a wise choice.So for people like me who have just tasted a few hours of PS2 glory then there is still time for all of us to get this console.Believe me it's far from being dead.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom