Will 660ti run on seasonic S12II 520

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
so i have decided to change my cabinet i will be buying probably in 2 months so..which cabinet?? that i will decide later and may be create a new thread later..
theres a new prob now..today a strange thing happened..my fps suddenly droped.. luckily i had opened fraps so i noticed it..i was playin max payne 3..
at full setting 720p..i was getting around 50fps..than suddenly after an hour or so it droped to 5 to 7..yest i did 2 things i ungraded my drivers..
and i had taken my pc to connect my tv which is 1 floor below my room..this has never happend before..i have played games on full setting even longer than this..
so wat can be the reason..??

if you buy the GTX 660 Ti before cabinet upgrade then Zotac GTX 660 Ti Amp is what you should get and FPS drop from 50 to 5-7 !!! you don't need any FRAPS type app to measure this - your gameply experience ( will lag/stuter like hell ) is enough to tell this .. so did the game lagged when you saw 5-7 fps ?? this happens most probably due to cpu overheat anyway.

If this thing happens again than i will measure the temp of gpu and cpu and let u guys knw abt it..till that let it be..
by the way plsz suggest a gud tried and tested temperature monitoring software..

use HWinfo ..

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
so i have decided to change my cabinet i will be buying probably in 2 months so..which cabinet?? that i will decide later and may be create a new thread later..
theres a new prob now..today a strange thing happened..my fps suddenly droped.. luckily i had opened fraps so i noticed it..i was playin max payne 3..
at full setting 720p..i was getting around 50fps..than suddenly after an hour or so it droped to 5 to 7..yest i did 2 things i ungraded my drivers..
and i had taken my pc to connect my tv which is 1 floor below my room..this has never happend before..i have played games on full setting even longer than this..
so wat can be the reason..??

As everyone said, that could be because of High temps. Looking at the cabinet/cable management :shock: anyone call tell that your card/cpu are not getting enough air-flow.

funskar

Padawan
Get the best gtx 660ti n cheap n good cabby like source elite..
Btw flipkart has priced zotac 660ti amp for 26k :shock:

OP
I

imrocking_since92

Journeyman
@topgear..obviously it lagged very much..what happened was max payne got shot..so i thought it was for the effects so i waited..
but after sometime it dint get proper so restarted the pc and evrythin got normal..btw when i play max payne 3 or any other demanding game..
what happens is my fps vary a lot..sometimes it is in 30's to sometimes it is in 40's or 50's..is it normal??..or it shld not vary more than say 10 or 20 may be..

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Wikipedia : The frame rate within games varies considerably depending upon what is currently happening at a given moment.

The Fps may be in 50's in some situations and 20s to 30s in some intense situations like close quarter battles, explosions, detailed environment, lightning effects, anti-aliasing and tesellation etc etc

Top Bottom