Will 660ti run on seasonic S12II 520

Guys my current config is i5 760 and asun engtx 550ti and seasonic S12II 520 watts smps..
I want to ungrade my graphic card..i am planning for 660ti..will it be able to handle it..if not than plsz
suggest a graphic card which will be able to work..i dont want to upgrade my smps..i just did it 6 months ago..
thanks..

OP
I

imrocking_since92

Journeyman
Thanks guys..i know this is not place but its a very small topic to create a new thread..actully my cabinet is kinda small..
it just barely manages to squeeze in 550ti so do u guys recommend to buy a new cabinet??

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
Thanks guys..i know this is not place but its a very small topic to create a new thread..actully my cabinet is kinda small..
it just barely manages to squeeze in 550ti so do u guys recommend to buy a new cabinet??

Can you post a pic of the inside of the cabby? I would recommend a roomy cabinet actually for such cards. You might want to check out Zotac's GTX660 , because its got small form factor .

OP
I

imrocking_since92

Journeyman
The thing is my cousin is coming form us in september..so i am gona tell him to get me a 660ti card..
and as far a pic goes i will surely upload it tonight or tmoro..rite now m in little hurry..

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Which cabinet are you using? Tall us the model number along with the manufacturer name. It would be enough. I don't think there is further need to post the picture.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

depends on the model of the GTX 660 Ti you are going to get - here's a comparision between Amp and power Ed. :

*images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2012/08/nvidia-geforce-gtx-660-ti-2gb-review/zotacgtx660-9s.jpg

if you are getting something like Zotac GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB amp! then you are all prepared with the cabinet you have.

OP
I

imrocking_since92

Journeyman
here are images of my cabinet..
*s14.postimage.org/hmsmtw7tp/20082012137.jpg

*s9.postimage.org/6u0yzn26z/20082012138.jpg

*s14.postimage.org/6r5ucac9p/20082012139.jpg

*s10.postimage.org/rwk7chmjp/20082012140.jpg

*s18.postimage.org/drl29bw0l/20082012141.jpg

I am sory for bad quality of the images..but rite i dint have any better source to click photos..

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Is that a... chassis? :shock:
Get it changed with something like:
NZXT Source 210 @2.4K (best choice)
or
CoolerMaster Elite 430 @3.2K (have no cable management feature)
or
Corsair 400R @4.5K (budget need to be high)

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Managing Cables in Cooler Master 430 is an art and when it's done, you can't stop smiling :)

Example : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-sup...430-431-discussion-thread-15.html#post1711974

Dude, get a new cabinet whatever you wish . But DON'T put GTX 660 Ti in that crappy plastic box.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
@ d6bmg: lol. The same question popped into my mind !!
Looks like snakes in a pit.
I doubt any cable management is possible there.
@OP : Change the case as d6bmg says.

OP
I

imrocking_since92

Journeyman
so i have decided to change my cabinet i will be buying probably in 2 months so..which cabinet?? that i will decide later and may be create a new thread later..
theres a new prob now..today a strange thing happened..my fps suddenly droped.. luckily i had opened fraps so i noticed it..i was playin max payne 3..
at full setting 720p..i was getting around 50fps..than suddenly after an hour or so it droped to 5 to 7..yest i did 2 things i ungraded my drivers..
and i had taken my pc to connect my tv which is 1 floor below my room..this has never happend before..i have played games on full setting even longer than this..
so wat can be the reason..??

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Could be due to overheating. Did you measure the CPU & GPU temperature at that time? If you did please do share.

OP
I

imrocking_since92

Journeyman
If this thing happens again than i will measure the temp of gpu and cpu and let u guys knw abt it..till that let it be..
by the way plsz suggest a gud tried and tested temperature monitoring software..

Top Bottom