wifi modem help , techies come here !!

rajeshjsl

AskRajesh
ok guys i have a wifi modem and its internet is shared by 6 ppl , its airtel 1 mbps internet .

ok now what i want is a priority system , i mean when i start using the internet i get more speed compared to others like 100KB/s for me and 30KB/s for others . and when i dont use it i mean i dont browse or watch video it shares internet equally among others ..

and i am the admin and i have full access to internet and modem settings

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
selfish OPTI ;-) for this u will need to go to modem hardware settings, which has to be done separate for each ip. I don't know the exact procedure, but i had seen the network engg, who had come to setup net @ my home. he entered an ip in browser and a settings page of ip opened. fir mujhe kuch samajh me nahi aya :grin:

OP
rajeshjsl

rajeshjsl

AskRajesh
selfish OPTI ;-) for this u will need to go to modem hardware settings, which has to be done separate for each ip. I don't know the exact procedure, but i had seen the network engg, who had come to setup net @ my home. he entered an ip in browser and a settings page of ip opened. fir mujhe kuch samajh me nahi aya :grin:

abe sujay i am not selfish , i dont have wifi modem , actually manish sinha asked me for himself , currently i have lan router not wifi !

and i know you are talking abt 192.168.1.1 modem settings , but how to do the traffic priority to my system ?

QOS does priority but for type of traffics not system or am i wrong ?

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
you cannot do that.
Airtel wifi modem don't have QoS (quality of service) feature. Get another wifi DSL modem with QoS (quality of service) feature and than you will be able to do.

Top Bottom