Wierd !! Yahoo Messenger Problem..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipen01

Youngling
Hey there..

Damn i dont understand the problem..!! i hav been trying since last half an hour..

In my Messenger i have got some 4 groups and some 30 friends... I wanna delete all of em..!! ( In fact i wanted to do Group Shifting..but lets stick to Deleting)....

I deleted every person's ID..and eventually delete every Group..leaving not a single Friend in my ID...

I sign out...when i log back in...its same as before..!! whoah..!! now what do i do...I can't add new members...can deleted old ones...cant shift...IDs from one Group to other..!!

Well that was absurd but i even tried removing READONLY of Yahoo Folder in Program Files...though i knew it wuldnt change anything....still no help..!!

SO what do i do know..!!

Dipen

mediator

Technomancer
Chilllax man......U need to group shifting na? Just rename the grups accordingly and then drag and drop the ID's between different groups as u want!

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
No yaar...when i sign out...

and sign in again...!! its default as before....if some new contacts are added..they are gone..if some contacts are deleted....there are still there..

Typical READONLY kinda..!!

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Likewise .. have been living with this problem since last year ... except for the fact that a few times' it did work ...

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
Dude..its GPRS...its kinda slow..i mean Yahoo loads very slow..!!

I often face problem..of Yahoo not signing me in..!!

why is it related to that..!!

mediator

Technomancer
Noop it happens freely on my system without any problems. Neways try GAIM, yahoo msgr alternative! Or try reinstalling yahoo, install latest yahoo msgr!

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
y dont u temperary do that thru *address.yahoo.com/

too bad opera is not supported yet. does anyone knwo that makes opera so special to be supported last!!!
it is a great browser, no doubt abt that.

Last edited:
OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
@mediator :- Will GAIM show same groups...as i have distributed in Yahoo..coz atleast Trillian had all my contacts in one group...so i culdnt make anychanges there..

and u sure..if i edit some thru GAIM..itll be reflected in Yahoo..

Anyways...will give it a shot...and let u knw..

@Roller :-- I dunno what is it..but still even trying it..!! thanx

EDIT :- @Roller - Dude it didnt work..i deleted every one contact from my book....it even asked me that the contacts with ** will be deleted from Messenger..i deleted every thing from it..still after that when i sign in..i get same bunch of contacts..as i left it before...not one added , not one deleted..!!

Will try GAIM let see..!!

Any more ideas..

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
@Dipen........Ofcors it will show same groups + its much better than Yahoo if you dont use the stupid audibles and IMs! It will connect u to MSN,yahoo and many more! Just activate them all. U'll be chatting to all ur yahoo+msn+... friends in no time! What shud I call it "Messenger transparency"? :D

N ya A change in GAIM will reflect in yahoo! I add all mah friends simply from GAIM!

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Go to cyber cafe and try it out there. Login and shift ids and all. Logoff login and see if it works. That will rule our your connection problem.

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
ya man..will have to spend some just to shift groups...No way...:O

;)...arre will first collect some small rapidshare links..and then will go...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom