Wierd Problem with my new SII

dheerajpant

Journeyman
Hi all,
I had asked you all about what to buy and now that I have bought thankx to you all,
I am facing a problem when I am making a hotspot on my laptop my handset is not discovering it though it does discovers the other hotspots in the building but not mine, whereas my roommate who has another handset(precisely an iPhone) is able to discover it and use it, has anyone else faced the same problem or knows the sol. ?

And another thing I am able to surf the net using the browser, but when I am trying to use google map, navigator or trying to go to the android market place using the inbuilt app, it shows the error message that shows that there was some problem with the transfer of data or could not setup a secure conenction.

:(

Thankx

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Does S2 support ad-hoc connections? Don't know...

@Red Dragon, you have an S2. Can you check it out?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
you cannot access app store from vodafone live. Certain ports are blocked. You will need Vodafone mobile office. There all ports are open.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I think if you put the Rs.98 GPRS pack you can activate it. If it doesnt come automatically after recharging make a access point name Vodafone www.
Just make access point www and you are done.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
If you have trouble post here. While setting up, posting again
Access point: www

make everything else auto. Name anything. But www has to be given.

red dragon

Master troll
Techfreak is abslutely right.
You need vodafone mobile connect, vodafone live wont be able to connect to market.
Anyways, go to network settings and change your APN to www, leave everything else blank, it will work.
If you still unsble to connect, please report back.
Sorry for late reply.

red dragon

Master troll
Does S2 support ad-hoc connections? Don't know...

@Red Dragon, you have an S2. Can you check it out?

Yes, it does.But I do not know why o.p is facing ths first problem.
I do not have a Windows machine with me, created a network from a Mac, the phone connects to it just fine.
o.p, restart your phone, turn off and turn back on the wifi let it scan available networks...if it shows multiple network..select each of them and press forget.
Turn off and turn on the wi fi again..search again, now it might connect to your network.
Did you try manually to connect to your ad hoc network?
There is an option for manual connection...I have to connect to my office network manually all the time, it never shows up automatically.No idea why?

OP
D

dheerajpant

Journeyman
finally using the www setting I was able to get the google maps working and some other other apps too but the android market and the gamers hub still eludes me in the android market it just times out and asks to retry and the same thing happens again in the gamers hub it not even adances a bit :( .

And yes I tried to manually connect to the wifi but to no use(and I have tried restarting the handset),
I will try to do the forget the wifi after I reach home

Thankx :)

OP
D

dheerajpant

Journeyman
Thankx all for solving the GPRS problem :) ,

The wireless one is also solved , the Android OS is not able to detect AdHoc network(don't know why :0 , may be this problem is resolved in ICS) so I just created a virtual access point and Voila !!! it worked :D .

Top Bottom