Wierd Problem- Opera 9.01 not connecting to WEB

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
I just downloaded Opera 9.01, &now its not connecting to the web. IE is working fine.

i have ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall & i have given opera full acess to net, but still iits not working.
Shall i Unistall this Opera 9.01 & re-install Opera 9

P.S. - i downloaded Eng. Version(4.6MB) from opera's site. & i ran the setup file again in its repair mode.

Sykora

I see right through you.
Do you connect through a proxy? If so, have you set the proxy servers? If you're confident enough, try disabling Zone Alarm for a second and then try it. If it works, then you know what to do.

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i'm not getting any error message.It happened all of a sudden. i dont know about the Proxy things but even when i select it, nothing happens.
i'm using BSNL DataOne Connection.
Internet Explorer works just fine. Now i completely uninstalled Opera & installed the Old Opera 9(full).
But still it does not connect. it just shows the regular error when u are not connected to net.

i also have the Media Player 11. does this cause any Interuptions between them.
i installed MP11 yesterday, & this Opera problem occured when i opened the MP11 while ONLINE today together with opera.

MY PC Config.-- HP Pavilion, Xp home SP2(up-to-date), 256 MB RAM, AVg Free, BitDefender(On-Demand Scanner), ZoneAlarm Pro FireWall.

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
sorry i forgot to mention that, yes, even ZoneAlarm turned OFF Opera does not connects. i'm not able to open any pages in it.

Sykora

I see right through you.
I doubt it. If you were hacked, your system would be in a whole other world of hurt. Perhaps it is your MP11. If you can, try uninstalling it and using opera.

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
No, I dont use Proxies. (i dont know What they are, & they are not enabled in IE or Opera).
I use DataOne Broadband service.(Home Plan250)

i ran a full system scan with AVG Free, Spybot (from digit cd- though its scanning was quick- i think i looks into a particular folder only , like system folder). But I did NOT Find anything.

i also did some RootKit scanning.

i used RootKit Hook Analyzer, RootkitRevealer, & F-Secure (but F-Secure did not install, it just ran the scan from the CD itself)

Out of thse three RootKit Scanners, Rootkit Hook Analyzer Showed Something, I scanned it in two ways,
1-> ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall turned OFF
*img207.imageshack.us/img207/7747/hokkedserviceslu5.th.jpg
2-> ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall turned ON.
*img162.imageshack.us/img162/8581/zonerootkitff1.th.jpg

I think all these are related to ZoneAlarm.
can you suggest any other software to find out whether i'm being HACKED or not,
& any other Adware/Spyware products which do a Complete Scan of PC.

By the way What version of Media Player was on this month's CD. BETA or FULL. coz in the Microsoft's
website there is NO FULL version of MP11 available. only beta available.
So if its beta, will running the Setup File of MP10 Uninstall the MP11???

dont know what went wrong,

Today i unistalled Norton 2005 AV(i didnt use it, but disabled it in "msconfig"), & did some REGISTRY TWEAKS(from Fast Track- faster app. load time , dll clearing, deleted Registry Entries of Old Programs(already uninstalled), & unistalled the Media Bonus Pack (which came with Digit CD/DVD).

THANK YOU VERY MUCH GUYS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom