Wierd Internet Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
Well I use BSNL braodband 256 kbps unlimited plan.Today morning I switched on the modem & started using firefox but it never worked.I checked my modem(for autentication with BSNL servers),ZOne alarm firewall(if it was blocking)....Everything was proper..I really didnt know what to do...Previously when this happened I used to restart it to get working,so tried it this time also almost a dozen times but still no use...The wierd thing was the computer used to authenticate to the BSNL DNS servers & so I tried using utorrent for downloading & to my horror it was working in full speed...I even tried using STEAM valve's game service...even that was working...I tried pinging to BSNL's servers which failed...Now I was really mad...I thought my HTTP port 80 is blocked somehow(torrents & steam dont use port 80),so I uninstalled zonealarm & disabled all startup programs & again restarted comp & modem to check the net...It was still not working...Now I was really frustrated...I tried one last hope....Changing BSNL's default DNS servers...they have the DNS servers having ip address 61.1.96.71 & 61.1.96.69 ....I used OPEN DNS (opendns.com) ip addresses 208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220 & voila the net worked & I was having lower pings compared to BSNL....So lesson of the day SCREW BSNL's DNS SERVERS....they are crap..How in the hell are we supposed to know that it is BSNL's server that is the problem & not our computers...And I spent the whole morning cursing Zonealarm & my comp...Really wierd

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Even i was twitched by the similar problem a few days back.

My landline went dead(no dial tone).
Surfing was at full speed, IDM was throttling beyond 33KBps.Ping latency was higher.

Only one thing that not worked over 5 KBps was my torrent clients nad all P2P clients.

But now the line has been repaired and am getting 28KBps while using P2P clients, torrents.

Well ur case was exactly opposite to mine.

OP
kirangp

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
ya man...but atleast you knew that there was some problem with the phone line(you atleast could have thought that as a possibility for p2p not working)...For me full headache...everything working properly except net...even my friend had same problem...He had asked me this morning itself but he was having it for the past 3 days...He went to such an extent so as to format his windows & still it didnt solve the problem...Now I phoned him & told about this...hope it works for him...btw 2day morning he was telling me that he is going to reinstall windows again...hehe

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
BSNL bsnl i think we all should take over BSNL internet section and kick out those who are working there ... My netone accountfree account got weird problem too like my password gets resetted with in an hour with out any usage! i mean there is no one using my id but still the default pswd is setted back .......

i just switched on to SIFY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom