Widescreen vs. Square LCD Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopz

In the zone
Widescreen..higher resolution, more viewable area...I cant see any advantages of square monitors!

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Widescreens, if you have a new PC (old PCs wont support the resolution).
advantages: cheaper, easily available, better for movies & surfing the net and positioning is more comfortable (that is why movies are widescreen, you don't want to look up)

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
get a widescreen monitor.they r better for movies and gaming (most new games support widescreen monitor).
workspace is more.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll vote for widescreen now even if a year ago I've bought sqare LCD as I've loads of old games :D
widescreen should be perfect for movies, new games, even office works like spreadsheet apps & photoshop.

acewin

Point Blanc
Square monitors are only for office use...

heehe alot much correct, you would wanna go for square monitor upto 17 inches only because with above 19 inches the view area increases so better go for proper monitors which are according to movies or games.

The res of HD movies is 16:9(thats what widescreen are mostly) and not 4:3( square monitors have this dimension ratios )
so
so +1 for 19+ inch widescreen
and +1 for 17 inch square (which I dont think people will go now with such good pricing available for better monitors)

OP
D

depolo08

Broken In
Re: Wides*reen vs. Sq*are L*D Monitors

Isn't it possible to r*n the relatively older games in wides*reen monitors at all?

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"

I prefer sq*are.. Most pages have verti*al s*rollbars.. Not horizontal s*rollbars.. Verti*al spa*e is more important to me :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

Isn't it possible to r*n the relatively older games in wides*reen monitors at all?
Yes, it is possible with this software, called Universal Widescreen Patcher: *www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki...oads#Universal_Widescreen_.28UniWS.29_Patcher

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Yeh, hellgate, like axx0 said stretched wallpapers look bad as the aspect ratio changes. But, with the vista sidebar on one end, now all I have to deal is with the empty space on the left side.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
all u guys having trouble with streched wallpapers, do one thing. just go to any torrent site, search for a widescreen wallpaper pack and download it. of course there are other ways too, but this one's quite fast. and in case you r on a limited connexion, get hold of Jun '07 digit dvd, loads of wallpapers over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom