Why Windows Vista will suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajesh_nk22

Journeyman
From the replies above it looks, linux users are against MS and they will always compain of new products from MS.

I dont know what people get by thinking bad of others. If you dont like vista, dont use it man, go for linux, who stops u from doing that.

I dont hate linux, i am a linux fan, but i dont like someone call windows xp inferior than linux.

Satissh S

Youngling
@rajesh:
1. Nobody here is against Windows, we don't compell anyone to use Linux and avoid windows, the choice of course is that of the user..

2. It's microsoft which is making the fool of everyone in the world. They are promoting their usual FUD (Fear Uncertainity and Doubt) campaign against linux, and of-course their usual TCO campaign.
We don't gain by getting any bad of others but M$ is doing all this to maintain a monopoly and strangle hold of the market.
See: proof of M$'s bad monopolistic behaviour in the haloween documents' link given above.

but i dont like someone call windows xp inferior than linux
Truth is bitter and truth is truth.. you have to accept it. Any unix, let alone linux is any day better than Dos and Windows.

knight17

In the zone
eddie said:
No!!! I am saying that if I don't have the hardware then why should I use it in some compatibility mode? It just makes it crippled and why should I pay for it?

Suppose you have a game which supports playing it via a gamepad,and you dont have one then can you call it as a crippled one ?

eddie said:
It is common business? Ever thought that if your dad was doing some small business and a big businessman forced him out of it cos of false cases, then what will happen? If you see your family struggling to meet their basic needs cos of that one man...will you say the same thing at that time as well? I wonder...

Microsoft also was once a small company which only have less than 50 employees,Now after 30 years it has conquerd the whole software world,They have 50.000+ employees across the globe now.They worked hard So they are in the current position.

eddie

El mooooo
knight17 said:
Suppose you have a game which supports playing it via a gamepad,and you dont have one then can you call it as a crippled one?
If I don't have a gamepad and I still go out to buy this game, then use it using it in some compatibility mode which reduces its functionality to less than 50%, then the game becomes crippled for me. Isn't it? Why should I pay for this crippled game then? This was the point of the author of the article as well. He wanted to tell you that people will not buy vista until they are upgrading their PC. What was so wrong in that? I don't understand...

Microsoft also was once a small company which only have less than 50 employees,Now after 30 years it has conquerd the whole software world,They have 50.000+ employees across the globe now.They worked hard So they are in the current position.
So? If they worked hard to get something, they get a chance to kill all other competition? It is like saying that a particular country worked hard for years to develop nuclear weapons and now it should be allowed to bomb every competitive country?

mediator

Technomancer
No matter how much they improve it, it will always work slow. Apps open faster in ma bro's pc's 98 than xp! The newer versions of windows shud have some strategy for faster response.

overdose_14

Broken In
Prakarh Keral is dman right

Linu is the future of operating system
It can run from a 386 to AMD venice Dual core
Its free
Its awesome

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
I'm seriously waiting for XGL codebase to become stable, it should put the bling bling mongers to rest. Though i personally believe all that 3d effects and transparencies are a waste of computing resources and are a misuse of technology.

Sometime back in a flamewar thread, we were discussing about Microsoft's upcoming WinFS thingy. GNOME project is already working on same kind of technology for sometime called GNOME Storage (GNOMEFS). *www.gnome.org/~seth/storage/

For a complete list of architectures see this:
*www.cyut.edu.tw/~ckhung/l/linux_ports.html

knight17

In the zone
eddie said:
If I don't have a gamepad and I still go out to buy this game, then use it using it in some compatibility mode which reduces its functionality to less than 50%, then the game becomes crippled for me. Isn't it? Why should I pay for this crippled game then? This was the point of the author of the article as well. He wanted to tell you that people will not buy vista until they are upgrading their PC. What was so wrong in that? I don't understand...
You are compromising only on visual appeals,nothing else.
eddie said:
So? If they worked hard to get something, they get a chance to kill all other competition? It is like saying that a particular country worked hard for years to develop nuclear weapons and now it should be allowed to bomb every competitive country?
Leave the idea of carpet bombing.
The spend millions for making such a software.
So they know how to sell it.Thats business.

I nolonger wish to continue with this subject.

what i understood is that MS has to work hard for maintainig it current

profit ratio.

I think they will handle it well.

About linux, I am also going to try it on my vacation.

I ask you peoples help in choosing a right distro.

Thanks
knight17

knight17

In the zone
dharmeshhtailor said:
vista is good OS.............
but the guys who will be most happy by the VISTA's launch is RAM Manufacturers.............
lolz............
I am plannig to increase my RAM to 1 GB before Vista releases:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom