Why use HIGH resolution ?

chris

In the zone
Hi,

I am using 1024x768 resolution. During windows install it set a high resolution, when i set resolution to low, it says it is rcommended to use the higher resolution.

I used high resolution for some time, but i feel it is better use low resolution so text is easy to ready.

For example, if i visit youtube, it shows in full screen in low resolution

*fshare.in/zzgcache/res_low.jpg

If i set high resolution (1280x960), monitor space is wasted. Everything become small and part of screen is not used.

*fshare.in/zzgcache/res_high.jpg

My nomitor is SyncMaster 740N. I just ordered Sapphire HD 5670 512MB GDDR5 Graphic Card. Not sure if the card will allow me to continue using the low resolution.

Everyone using high resolution is wasting the monitor space like this, reading small text in web pages or any other solution ?

Thanks,

Chris

ajai5777

Youngling
Your monitor's resolution is 1280 x 1024 when you use 1024 x 768 you are not getting the full clarity of the monitor.Texts may look bigger in low resolution but picture quality is drastically reduced, you can see that in movies games etc.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Yes it is easier to read larger text. But we want to read more text at the same time, so high resolution monitors enable that.

Imagine reading a news paper. Would you prefer 4 articles on one page, or 15-20 articles on one page (the usual format these days).

Also most of us keep 1080pi monitors for GAMING.

OP
C

chris

In the zone
What's you monitor?

@ithehappy My Monitot is SyncMaster 740n, i am planing to buy a better monitor in few days.

and read what you have posted first. Jeez

lol, my resolution ? :D

Your monitor's resolution is 1280 x 1024 when you use 1024 x 768 you are not getting the full clarity of the monitor.Texts may look bigger in low resolution but picture quality is drastically reduced, you can see that in movies games etc.

I just changed my monitor resolution to 1280 x 1024. In Windows 7 text size, i changed it to 125%, now texts are not so dark. I feel strain in eye to read texts. May be i need to get used to it. Youtube got white space in sides, i feel like i am not using my monitor fully :)

Imagine reading a news paper. Would you prefer 4 articles on one page, or 15-20 articles on one page (the usual format these days).

It is good to see more, but what is the use if everything looks small ?

OP may try increase the DPI setting to increase the size of text & images.

On Win 7, i adjusted "Make it easier to read what's on your screen", this is DPI setting or there is another place to set DPI ?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
It does not look that small. I use a 1080pi (24") monitor. Is totally readable, even from a distance. It is not that everything becomes font size 1. You have a eye sight problem...could be.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@chris: I like ur siggy man.only runing CPU & RAM :chinscratch:..whereas others have to post their full specs in siggy...lolz

Regarding ur query i was using 1024*768 resolution in my CRT monitor.
But when i upgraded to 23" i was using 1920*1080p resolution.
Now if i use the 768resolution then my screen will look weird :oops:

moreover 1080p is giving greater pixels & details....

so High resolution is meant for HD....:smile:

OP
C

chris

In the zone
@KaranTh85 i updated signature with new configuration, got new pc last week. Only you noticed i am running PC with out mother board :)

@max_demon Thanks for the tip.

I managed to train my eyes for higher resolution now. Letters are small, but ok. Images that used to show large is now smaller.. The game i used to play is now taking only 1/4 of my screen. Now it looks some what manageable to me. I am purchasing a new monitor, Benq 24" LED Monitor - Model V2410, hope letters will be larger on that.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@KaranTh85 i updated signature with new configuration, got new pc last week. Only you noticed i am running PC with out mother board :)
hehe...:)) i scrutinize each & every word written....but dat doesnt mean i m a critic....

I managed to train my eyes for higher resolution now. Letters are small, but ok. Images that used to show large is now smaller.. The game i used to play is now taking only 1/4 of my screen. Now it looks some what manageable to me. I am purchasing a new monitor, Benq 24" LED Monitor - Model V2410, hope letters will be larger on that.

which size of monitor currently using?after u buy the 24" Monitor.....
use 1080p resolution & everything will be fine then.:p

Top Bottom