Why Live Search is better than Google...

Status
Not open for further replies.

trigger

Journeyman
Finally, MS Live Search beat out Google in Algebra computation... A small comparison between Live Search & Google... :smile:

I think Live Search can solve upto 3rd degree/order(?) equation only... not sure it should be degree or order.. :))

More info here.

At least now Live search has one reason for why it is better than Google... <Discuss>

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Arey ye search engine hai ya calculators!!!

Google is better in what it is supposed to do , that is Search!

vickyadvani

Journeyman
google is the best ...no 2nd thoughts abt it
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
google is the best ,no 2nd thoughts abt it

Last edited:

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^Those are the kind of things that people normally use..
And google was never meant to solve equations, and if they make an equation solver, Im sure it will be way better than live.

User Name

In the zone
Really Live search is better bocoz it gives
Results for x*x=64
1) vista 32 and 64 bit (download torrent) - TPB

Without any hesitation :-D:-D:-D

All MS has done is incorporate Algebra with Live Search, something which google hasnt done yet. Although this is good, It is not enough to convince me (or many others) to use Live Search and abandon Google
PS I think Google will come up with a similar feature soon :wink:

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^If they notice the feature, they'll come up with something like that soon..only difference is that it will be better than Live equation solver.

OP
trigger

trigger

Journeyman
Firstly regarding the title: Pun was intended.. I too prefer Google over Live.

Next, I'm not sure if this should be the criterion to compare them but definitely it's a nifty feature in Live which is still missing in Google.. and I'm not blaming that. Or maybe Live finally getting one decent function will convince the google guys to add algebra into their engine.. I'm hoping Google would implement this soon..

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Wow! 3 degree equations, you say? Can it solve differential equations too? Then my homework problem is solved!!! :D:D:D

And when it comes to actual searching, Google still pwnz. Google's pages are lighter than Live's, google is faster... and so on.

@ring_wraith:Wrong thread, dude!

Wow! 3 degree equations, you say? Can it solve differential equations too? Then my homework problem is solved!!! :D:D:D

And when it comes to actual searching, Google still pwnz. Google's pages are lighter than Live's, google is faster... and so on.

@ring_wraith:Wrong thread, dude!
+1
:D
If google did that, that would be just fcuking awesome!! :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom