Why is there no sound when I play media on my laptop?It

Mridul Dhar

Right off the assembly line
I own a Dell Inspiron Mini 1018. Its 9 months old. It came with windows 7 ultimate(not genuine). It worked perfectly fine but some days ago, the OS got corrupted, so I reinstalled windows(not genuine), and installed all the drivers recommended for my model from the Dell website, but there is no sound when i play media, although system sounds are produced. I even installed a codec pack. In the device manager, there is an unknown device, I cant find what it is. And I cant use the option to auto update my drivers as windows would detect my os to be pirated. What can the problem be, and, it would be very helpful if you could tell me how do I update all my drivers without coming in contact to the windows website?

frankeric

Journeyman
hi bud simply get a cd of universal drivers and install driver form there it will automatic detect missing driver and install it.

ohm.patel1

Journeyman
No this happened to me on my laptop, i was frustrated, but after a day of hard work i found that windows had set default the wireless audio as the default ouput device.
U can change this by Right Click Sound on Taskbar -> Play back devices -> set speakers high definition audio codec as the default device.

That would probably work.

Top Bottom