why does firefox eat too much memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

anni

Broken In
I've noticed that firefox seems to want to continually eat more & more memory, even if I close all tabs that I had open, leaving just two or three (earlier, I had about six tabs max open, now just two) open. Closing all that doesn't affect memory, though ...why does firefox eat more memory & not return it until it's completely closed?. I already apply tweaks which one digit member mentioned under tutorial section. I am using latest firefox 3.0+ with windows xp prof sp2.

paroh

Padawan
current updated version of firefox is 3.0.11 . If it still eats up memory in the updated version I will call it memory leakage.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
How much RAM do u have? If 1GB or more, then WHY THE HECK are you complaining?

And without add-ons and 5 tabs, mine on XP SP3 does it at 86MB sweet. I hardly call that moads of memory usage considering it's stellar performance and c'mon, it's FIREFOX!

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Recent Firefox versions have become a bit heavy! And the more add-on's you have the memory it would eat up. Try using only the add-on's you need and uninstall the one's you don't.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Mine is 3.0.11. Its eating 88.04 MB also!!! That's a bit high! But for browsing with Firefox i can spare the extra MB's! Its truly enjoyable!!! :smile: :smile:

Dark Core

Freak Beta 1
^^
+1 Surfing with FF s truly Enjoyable with lot of Addons, themes and so about...
But think of PCs wth low configs - Using 88 MB's of Memory for a browser is crime *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/39.gif

I too have a similar issue. 3 tabs open and 142MB.
But if I start a new session the usage reduces.
I think it has something to do with the feature which loads many things into RAM to make fetching faster. Because page load times are quite good here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom