Why do you study?

Why do you study?

• To play safe (better marks-good college-good job)

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • To learn

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Both ?!

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
LOLz.Hmm Let me the first to post my reasons:-
-To make my Future
-To know how things Work
-To Help Others
-To Modify/Make Softwares

The main reason:
I dont want others to do my work. I want to stand in my own feet and yea also to improve my language:)

veddotcom

Journeyman
I Think It Depends Person to Person, Scientists, Developer Studies For Learning, Skill, and General People Who Woks as a Employee Study for Money...So There Should be Fourth Option too. (What u think Guys?)

OP
C

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
^^
Nah. Just that few months back I shifted from category 1 to category 2. So just wanted to know about people on the forum.

saurabh_93

Right off the assembly line
I have seen many people taking education proportional with salary status etc.
But i fell studies only mean knowledge and gaining it as much as possible.the way we are taught things is going very bad.science and nature should be mixed.we are taught as we are superior than other living organism.i have listen many people saying few subjects like history sanskrit are waste of time but if we don't know these subjects we cann't progress more.I cann't write much in forum. I cann't expres my feeling.
I just want to change things and make learning experience much better.we should learn from our environment.And enquiring about everything.and not mugging things like parrots.

adi007

Youngling
hmmmm..
1. My parents will stop paying for internet connection and will not allow me to use computer if i say i will not go to college
2. Girls now a days are educated and they expect their husband to be educated more than or atleast equal to their eductational qualification..
So if u intend to marry,education and a degree is must :p
3. I dont like to have just name in my visiting card
4. Social interaction and communication skills with girls will improve :cough:
5. Last but most important thing to gain knowledge :cough: :cough: :wink: :wink:

Hmm......
I asked myself the same question a while back, and I found the answer to it myself :D

Any guy who says "I study because I love it/it's my life/I want to" is lying.

Face it, if everything came easy, nobody would want to burn the mid-night oil to finish that assignment, or be buried in a pile of books whole day to top the class.

It is a competitive world, where performers rule. So if you dont perform, you end up lagging behind, or you might even fail.

And in most cases, regular studies always helps in performing.

Thus, (as is the case with most) we study coz we dont want to end up lagging behind and heck, we all want to rake in miilions through our jobs right? :D
(unless you are a "Bill Gates" kind of guy, who dropped out of Harvard and founded Microsoft :| )
Just my 2 cents.......

R2K

In the Zone
I think

education + attitude + luck = money

But in many cases i saw

attitude + luck = money

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I study to :-

-Outrun all others in my standard and make myself and my parents proud.
-To learn something :D
-To make a good deal of money when I grow up so I can buy myself some enthusiast grade stuff

Well I dont have to care about wife and children and blah blah blah coz I dont plan on marrying. You might say I am a little too young decide but I have my reasons.
1. I want to earn for myself and my parents. After they are gone (I hope this never happens!), I want spend the cash for myself.
2. I want to be someone with nothing to lose.
3. Want to live a casual, laid back life with PC hardware, gaming and metal.
4. I dont want someone who is poking their nose in my matters everytime.
5. Want to be free.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
1) To learn

2) To discipline myself

3) To get new ideas

4) I know since I am the only son at home, I won't be able to stay single for long. The day I m 29 or 30, mom will start blackmailing me emotionally for marriage. So I study to know my stuff perfectly to get a good salary when I am 30 :D.

Everything is planned.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
It is a competitive world, where performers rule. So if you dont perform, you end up lagging behind, or you might even fail.
Its half the truth. Even some persons walk out of competition mindfully. Life is simple (and fresh) at lower level than at the higher ones. Lagging behind is a subjective feeling. Going up comes with degradation in values but living as a facade.

See the monks and others for example. Competition actually is a sick disease. And we are the one who inherit it out lineage.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
I Study to write xams
I Learn to gain Knowledge
i hope to make life happy

I don study for getting job........oppurtunity comes automatically when u r talented,skilled n appropriate

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Eh... what about some people (wont name them) who dont have ANY damn talent or knowledge but are still popular and earn a lot of money. Our life slightly depends on luck too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom